Brownells Australia - Anyone bought from them?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Anyone bought from Brownells.com.au?

Post by bladeracer » 09 Oct 2017, 1:29 pm

Hangfire wrote:Ordered a No4 mk1 303 mag was $40 had mixed review but though will try it out. All packaging says No4 mk1 but its a No1 mk3 mag........
Emailed them but no answer as yet.

Bugger.
Try advertising it as it might be sought after here?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dunxy » 09 Oct 2017, 2:05 pm

Im still waiting for my peep site, naturally its still held up in customs (a week now i think..) being such and offensive dangerous item!
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by andym79 » 10 Oct 2017, 3:55 pm

My Brass come today, it was only customs who made it take a while!
andym79
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by jmr22 » 12 Oct 2017, 4:47 pm

I was thinking of ordering a couple of extra 10shot mags for my xt22 marlin because they are less than half the price of my local shop. will they get snatched up in customs if coming from USA?
.177 auto pellet gun
.22lr Marlin box
.22lr Marlin tube mag
.243 Sterling
.30-06 Argentinian
12ga Armed o/u
12ga straight pull STP
jmr22
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 12 Oct 2017, 5:11 pm

jmr22 wrote:I was thinking of ordering a couple of extra 10shot mags for my xt22 marlin because they are less than half the price of my local shop. will they get snatched up in customs if coming from USA?

Not if they come via Brownells.com.au - bought several mags myself through them. They'll be in customs for a few weeks as they're busy cracking down on illegal imports of tiny plastic balls currently.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Rikta » 12 Oct 2017, 6:17 pm

yep no dramas at all
Rem .270
Howa .223
Ruger 22lr
Lanber 12g
Rossi 410g
Rikta
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by jmr22 » 12 Oct 2017, 6:40 pm

bladeracer wrote:
jmr22 wrote:I was thinking of ordering a couple of extra 10shot mags for my xt22 marlin because they are less than half the price of my local shop. will they get snatched up in customs if coming from USA?

Not if they come via Brownells.com.au - bought several mags myself through them. They'll be in customs for a few weeks as they're busy cracking down on illegal imports of tiny plastic balls currently.

Thanks,

Those balls can be lethal, slipping over could seriously damage you hair style.
.177 auto pellet gun
.22lr Marlin box
.22lr Marlin tube mag
.243 Sterling
.30-06 Argentinian
12ga Armed o/u
12ga straight pull STP
jmr22
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by ShootingRight » 01 Feb 2018, 9:17 am

Been waiting almost 5 weeks for reloading dies that were not local stock, but would be delivered 'within 10 days'.

They have an automated email system that spits out updates. I noticed the order at the Iowa warehouse wasn't actioned for 10 days after I paid.

If simple reloading gear is stuck at Customs (as it has been for over 10 day now), then perhaps it's because they bundle all items (benign and prohibited) into the the same shipment.

In the time I've been waiting, I've had unrelated stuff delivered from China by ship.
ShootingRight
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 01 Feb 2018, 3:24 pm

ShootingRight wrote:Been waiting almost 5 weeks for reloading dies that were not local stock, but would be delivered 'within 10 days'.

They have an automated email system that spits out updates. I noticed the order at the Iowa warehouse wasn't actioned for 10 days after I paid.

If simple reloading gear is stuck at Customs (as it has been for over 10 day now), then perhaps it's because they bundle all items (benign and prohibited) into the the same shipment.

In the time I've been waiting, I've had unrelated stuff delivered from China by ship.

As far as I'm aware the entire weekly shipment from the US comes as one, so I would expect Customs to go through everything. Every item I've ever ordered through them comes through Customs regardless of its legal status.
Dies can be ordered straight off Ebay.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 01 Feb 2018, 5:02 pm

They do take a while, but I have ordered a few less common things and they've always came through. Usually, a month.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Re: Brownells Australia - Anyone bought from them?

Post by rossfrb » 04 Jul 2019, 10:59 pm

Hi
Reviving this thread as I'm entertaining the idea of purchasing some items from Brownells Australia online.
What have been people's recent experience?
I'm not worried if delivery takes a few weeks.
I'm presuming all prices are aussie dollars?
regards
rb
rossfrb
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by gordicans » 05 Jul 2019, 2:16 pm

I just ordered some reloading gear from them. Obviously there's a lead time ordering through them but the prices mostly are very competative. The kit hasn't arrived yet but I had to communicate with them regarding combining a couple of orders for delivery and found their customer service to be prompt and very helpful.
Regards Ian
gordicans
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Kel » 05 Jul 2019, 8:43 pm

I've ordered from them twice recently for items I couldn't find locally. Price was ok, delivery was about 4 weeks.
Kel
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Centurion » 03 Nov 2019, 8:33 am

It is so dissapointing to know that the firearm industry in Australia is extremely behind in the customisation department. For those that do wish to customise their handguns, they have had extremely limited options, thats why i support Brownells Australia no matter what!
I have purchase products several times but one time i had purchased a few items and one was missing, i emailed their support service, sent a photo of what i had recieved and they informed me that they will send the missing item with tracking included. Shipping is around 3-4 weeks but is well worth the wait - considering there is no other choices for Aussies.
Centurion
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment