Two guns, one bipod

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Two guns, one bipod

Post by SteamedHam » 27 Sep 2016, 3:00 pm

Does anyone use a picatinny rail adaptor for the front swivel stud?

such as:

https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Swivel ... M3JTP2MGJ6

I'd like to get a bipod that attaches to a rail, so I can take it off when needed, and attach a torch if I want to. Any recommendations?
SteamedHam
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Two guns, one bipod

Post by Gwion » 27 Sep 2016, 3:04 pm

Sort of., Except i have permanently attached the rail section to the underside of the forearm. Works fine.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bladeracer » 27 Sep 2016, 3:45 pm

SteamedHam wrote:Does anyone use a picatinny rail adaptor for the front swivel stud?

such as:

https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Swivel ... M3JTP2MGJ6

I'd like to get a bipod that attaches to a rail, so I can take it off when needed, and attach a torch if I want to. Any recommendations?

I have to remove the bipods to fit the rifles in the safe anyway.
I've used something similar for a bipod and for a rear monopod. Didn't find it at all stable but it allows you to use a torch with the bipod.
To use a bipod on my Americans I mount an additional stud just ahead of the mag well to minimise the flexibility in the forend. It'd be easy enough to put a rail on if I need it.
For hanging torches, lasers and holo sights off a scoped rifle I use scope tube mounts.

When I swap a scope over, I'll hang a laser on the barrel and zero it to the scope at 100 yards, swap on the new scope and zero it to the laser. Never needed any further adjustment. You need a decent laser to see the dot over 100 yards though - I use these:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191305023742
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272358140130
I've also used this barrel mount with longer screws around the bayonet lug to run a bipod on my 1904/39 Mauser.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by SendIt » 29 Sep 2016, 11:33 am

SteamedHam wrote:I'd like to get a bipod that attaches to a rail, so I can take it off when needed, and attach a torch if I want to. Any recommendations?

Have a look at the Harris page.

They do bipods in various fittings,and more relevant to you do a range of stud / rail adapters with different mounts.. fixed, quick release etc. so let you combine just about any combo.
Sako 85 Hunter Laminated Stainless 30-06 Sprg
Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42

Winchester 1892 44-40
SendIt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 29 Sep 2016, 1:21 pm

Nup I just attach mine via the sling stud (Harris - various lengths, Harris rip off, Versa Pod) they all attach via the sling stud. Easy enough to swap em over depending on what rifle I'm using.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by AusTac » 29 Sep 2016, 1:23 pm

Yeah sling stud harris works for me, takes 5 seconds to take on/off and works a treat
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by SteamedHam » 30 Sep 2016, 2:11 pm

Thanks fellas, probably go a sling stud model. I can't see myself using a torch that much anyway really.
SteamedHam
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 30 Sep 2016, 4:17 pm

SteamedHam wrote:Thanks fellas, probably go a sling stud model. I can't see myself using a torch that much anyway really.

From memory you can get mounts that attach to the scope that are Piccatini Rail type to suit torches too. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 30 Sep 2016, 4:31 pm

^ are you stuck on the side of the road again, sucking on some coldies ?
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 30 Sep 2016, 4:46 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
SteamedHam wrote:Thanks fellas, probably go a sling stud model. I can't see myself using a torch that much anyway really.

From memory you can get mounts that attach to the scope that are Piccatini Rail type to suit torches too. :thumbsup:

Yep, those are what I use.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by SteamedHam » 01 Oct 2016, 2:08 pm

bentaz wrote:Every time i see the title of this thread all i see is "two girls one cup"........

Haha, I was hoping someone would get the reference :thumbsup: :lol:

For those that do not understand, don't google it on your computer, do it on your mates computer.
SteamedHam
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 02 Oct 2016, 8:43 am

I still don't get it and I'm too scared to google it.....
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment