All Things Shooting

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

All Things Shooting

Post by Bugman » 18 Nov 2013, 1:37 pm

Has anyone had dealings with the above business? I am just looking for some fair feedback before I order anything from them.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Re: All Things Shooting

Post by inspector » 18 Nov 2013, 2:02 pm

I haven't, but if I'm not sure about a place I usually look them up on Google maps to see what their shopfront is like.

The postal address for All Things Shooting on their website looks like some blokes house?

Looks like a guy running a business from home maybe?

I could be wrong though...
inspector
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by courtenay159 » 12 Jan 2014, 1:02 pm

I ordered projectiles from all things shooting 31/12/2013 and paid for them online and as yet 12/1/2014 I have not received them. They have not responded to my emails and their phones go to message bank.
courtenay159
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by Atter » 12 Jan 2014, 5:26 pm

I guess you paid by credit card?

I'm pretty sure you can call your bank within 30 or 60 days and have them reverse a credit card transaction straight away.
Tikka T3 Hunter .260 Remington
Tikka T3 Sporter 6.5x55 SE
CZ 513 .22LR
Atter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by gazza » 12 Jan 2014, 6:11 pm

Lots of people are still on holiday .
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by 1sikxt » 12 Jan 2014, 6:21 pm

courtenay159 wrote:I ordered projectiles from all things shooting 31/12/2013 and paid for them online and as yet 12/1/2014 I have not received them. They have not responded to my emails and their phones go to message bank.

We're they lapua projectiles by any chance
Howa 204 varmint
Anschütz 1530 222
Savage 12 223
Weatherby 22-250
Savage custom 10 243
Savage 10 308
Savage 12 308
Savage 110 338 lap fcp
Lithgow 22
Brno 1 22
Webley and scott 12g
1sikxt
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by jeebo » 13 Jan 2014, 8:13 am

gazza wrote:Lots of people are still on holiday .

Still?

Nearly the 3rd week of January now...

Slackers :D
Winchester Model 1894 30-30
Zastava M85 Standard .222 Rem
Bang bang!
jeebo
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by beepar » 13 Jan 2014, 11:02 am

Atter wrote:I'm pretty sure you can call your bank within 30 or 60 days and have them reverse a credit card transaction straight away.

I've done that before a while ago. I think it's 60 day but you should check with your bank obviously.
beepar
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by moxo » 02 Mar 2014, 9:57 pm

Did your stuff ever arrive, going through the same problem. waiting on projectiles, purchased them on the 15/1 and as of the 1/3 still no sign of them.

Emailed the guy and kept getting the same response of waiting for stock to arrive or "your item will be posted early this week".
moxo
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Schultz » 19 Apr 2014, 4:31 pm

After reading above, sorta wish I'd done so BEFORE I ordered from this guy. Same story, nothing in the mail, tried to contact them via email many times, nothing again. I've contacted the Bank and they're onto it. I would recommend staying away from this site.
Schultz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by jeebo » 21 Apr 2014, 11:49 am

Seemed to be the same story all round. Read a few more comments elsewhere saying the same.

I'd get onto the bank and cancel the purchases, reverse the credit card or whatever. Then just email him and say you've cancelled it so that you've done your part.

I sort of suspect the guy has packed it up but the website was left on-line by accident or whatever.
Winchester Model 1894 30-30
Zastava M85 Standard .222 Rem
Bang bang!
jeebo
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Doz » 22 May 2014, 9:36 am

WARNING! I purchased off this site
www allthingsshooting.com.au

31st March 2014, received automatic email response for purchase, nearly forgot about the order, was going through my emails the other week, found it, emailed him wheres my order? no response, emailed next day, no response, emailed threatening email to call Consumer Affairs and post him up, no response, tried to call the mobile number, automatic 'key in your phone number' message.

That's when I searched for a forum and members to see if this was normal and found this site and others having issues. Called the bank and pulled a reversal on the funds, Bank said no probs and I WILL receive my funds back, paperwork being sent out.

Id have to agree that something is up with this group, sad as I try to keep my business on shore but shops like this just give a bad rep on the good guys in Aus and push more folk off shore for their products. Be warned and thanks for the thread, it helped me move quicker on pulling the funds. cheers Doz
Doz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by inspector » 23 May 2014, 9:27 am

Doz wrote:Id have to agree that something is up with this group, sad as I try to keep my business on shore but shops like this just give a bad rep on the good guys in Aus and push more folk off shore for their products.

I don't think this was ever a shop. Looks to me like some guy gave it a go but it didn't last.

Like above, I checked out the address on Google maps and it's some house in the sticks.

Wouldn't surprised me if the guys just given up on the site and orders are just going through to no where.

(no excuse though, should take it down instead of causing people grief with missing orders)
inspector
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Lyam » 23 May 2014, 9:27 am

And for just wasting their time ordering stuff then going through all the crap to reverse it.
Ruger 77/22 + Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x36
Tikka T3 Forest 270 Win + Swarovski Z3 3-10x42
Lyam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by huccl » 23 May 2014, 9:29 am

Doz wrote:Be warned and thanks for the thread, it helped me move quicker on pulling the funds.

Hopefully more find it too and don't waste their time with the site.

Definitely one to avoid judging by the reports.
Browning A-Bolt M-1000 Eclipse 308 Win
CZ 453 Varmint 22LR
huccl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Hairy Biker » 06 Jun 2014, 5:27 pm

Just going through the process of getting a bank refund now. Not happy. No responses to email and to phone calls.

Have contacted the credit card site and complained. Others should do that too.

Have forwarded details to my Bank who forwarded to the Fraud Dept.

Will pass details to other Government agencies in due course.
Hairy Biker
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Post by bigfellascott » 06 Jun 2014, 9:29 pm

Thanks for the heads up fella's - always good to find out who to avoid before going through crap like this.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Hairy Biker » 07 Jun 2014, 9:28 am

Have been told to email Dennis directly on dennisshallis@iprimus.com.au. Have done so, requesting again, a refund.

Bottom line is I do not care whether I get the goods or the refund. What I care about is service and communication.

If anyone knows Dennis, can they tell him about the community concern, please.
Hairy Biker
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Lyam » 09 Jun 2014, 1:08 pm

Hairy Biker wrote:Bottom line is I do not care whether I get the goods or the refund. What I care about is service and communication.

Yep.

Just looks to be wasting everyone's time for months now.
Ruger 77/22 + Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x36
Tikka T3 Forest 270 Win + Swarovski Z3 3-10x42
Lyam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Hairy Biker » 12 Jun 2014, 7:07 am

Have received a refund. Took too much effort to get to that point but once again would have preferred communication and product delivery.
Hairy Biker
Recruit
Recruit

Post by huccl » 12 Jun 2014, 2:34 pm

Pain in the ass but at least you got your money back.

Good stuff.
Browning A-Bolt M-1000 Eclipse 308 Win
CZ 453 Varmint 22LR
huccl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bunnygirl » 21 Feb 2015, 12:05 pm

I also placed an order with All Things Shooting, and then read this thread and got suspicious.
I then phoned the owner via his fax number 02 4871 3739, which is shown on the website.

He answered the phone and he claimed that the website had been altered to inform buyers that he no longer was taking orders.
When I told him that I was still able to place my order, he suggested that I should have refreshed my browser !!!
I consequently requested a refund, which he has informed me has been processed. I also contacted my bank and I will monitor my account to ensure the refund has been processed. Try the fax number if you need to speak to Dennis.

Thanks to all who posted on this thread, as it saved me a lot of hassle.
Bunnygirl.
Bunnygirl
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 21 Feb 2015, 10:53 pm

they take Bankcard haha :lol: :lol: :lol: now that's a dead giveaway .............stay away

Bankcard_standard_logo.png
Bankcard_standard_logo.png (23.57 KiB) Viewed 6138 times
Last edited by deye243 on 23 Feb 2015, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Wes » 23 Feb 2015, 7:45 am

Bunnygirl wrote:He answered the phone and he claimed that the website had been altered to inform buyers that he no longer was taking orders.
When I told him that I was still able to place my order, he suggested that I should have refreshed my browser !!!

Weak....
Wes
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by angryman » 14 Apr 2015, 9:43 am

I purchased 44mag brass 18 month's ago still haven't received my order.I have called and emailed them with no response.
angryman
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Tiger650 » 26 May 2015, 7:39 pm

Hi Folks,

Wish I had looked here before ordering 2 boxes of Lap .308 cases from this push.

Ordered on 11/05/15 and then sought feedback [call me a goose] and found this site and comments !!!

After several attempts to contact the vendor [rubbish as described in previous posts] I visited my bank yesterday and initiated a reversal of CC debit.

Excuse my poor manners for not introducing myself earlier, an old and mostly retired shooter who is setting 29 yo ADF member Son up with a 700 Rem .308" and good reloading gear, at great expense to the old man. but he shoots well.

We shoot at Little River for the moment but he will be posted away at the end of the year, lots of things for him to learn but progress is good.

Thanks again for the "heads up" on this.

BTW anyone looking for std spec Lapua .308 cases at a good price search "Ammunition Galore" in Melbourne, I have met the man and was impressed.

Cheers,
Richard
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Swarm » 27 May 2015, 11:22 am

G'day Richard,

At least you got your money back, even if it was a waste of time :thumbsdown:

Welcome to the forum.
Sako 75 Hunter IV 6.5x55 SE with Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm
CZ 455 .22LR with Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm CDS
Winchester 88 .284 Winchester
Swarm
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by fawksel » 28 May 2015, 10:06 am

Welcome to the site Richard.
Marlin 1894 .44 Magnum
Remington 770 Stainless Camo .270 Win
Mossberg 802 Plinkster 22LR
fawksel
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Aster » 28 May 2015, 10:10 am

Going to lock this thread folks.

Peoples experiences have been well documented now. More than a few comments (since removed) are crossing the line now and it's not adding anything extra to keep having a go at the place.

P.S. Welcome Tiger650
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment