Boyds stock

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Boyds stock

Post by CatDog » 20 Jun 2015, 5:29 pm

Hello I'm new to enoughgun and am interested in buying a boyds stock for my .223 savage, I have never brought anything from overseas before and would appreciate any information regarding purchasing directly from Boyds, thank you. Great website .
Sterling .22LR / Ruger American 22mag / Savage axis .223 / C Gustav 6.5x55.
CatDog
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Seconds » 21 Jun 2015, 1:22 pm

Just contact Boyds with which stock you want and your delivery address and they'll tell you the score.

Some they can't ship internationally if the value is too high because of the US ITAR export restrictions. But if they can they'll tell you and get your order in :)
Sako 85 Hunter
.308 Winchester
Seconds
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm

CatDog wrote:Hello I'm new to enoughgun and am interested in buying a boyds stock for my .223 savage, I have never brought anything from overseas before and would appreciate any information regarding purchasing directly from Boyds, thank you. Great website .

Go to their website and select the rifle brand (Left hand side of the page) then select the stock you want (same area as the rifle brand) you have to keep the price under $99 so don't try and add laser checkering or anything like that.

From memory you will have to join (no big deal, just need your name and address details etc) then its pretty much just a matter of selecting your stock you want, entering your details and credit card details and they will generally send you a email when your order is processed and shipped etc, all mine have taken around 10 days to arrive from the day of order so pretty quick and painless to do.

I use one of those Aus Post pre paid Credit Card type things for all purchases on line (that way no scum bag can tap into it and drain the funds as they have a habit of doing at times (I just load up what I need to buy the products and any delivery costs plus a few bucks for any diff in the Aus/US $$ and any fees etc.

Anyway I hope that all makes sense! :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by CatDog » 21 Jun 2015, 9:06 pm

Thanks for info guys, much appreciated. I've had a look at the stocks for a .223 axis and will go with the Prairie Hunter in Pepper. Next step will be a trigger job and a decent scope. Again Thanks for the help.
Sterling .22LR / Ruger American 22mag / Savage axis .223 / C Gustav 6.5x55.
CatDog
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by agentzero » 22 Jun 2015, 9:07 am

$100 limit on ITAR I think it is.

Boyds priced the stocks so they can send them internationally ;)
agentzero
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Aster » 22 Jun 2015, 9:30 am

It's currently $100.

They did raise it to $500 for Canada a year or two ago.

I suppose that's faint hope they could increase it for us at some point. :unknown:
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Post by FuzzyM » 19 Jan 2016, 7:13 pm

Just checked and all of the options for my Savage Axis are now above the 100 export limit :(
Knew I should have bought one when they were 99, but my wishlist is long and my pay is short :(
FuzzyM
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Jan 2016, 7:53 pm

FuzzyM wrote:Just checked and all of the options for my Savage Axis are now above the 100 export limit :(
Knew I should have bought one when they were 99, but my wishlist is long and my pay is short :(

They seem to run specials every now and then so keep a look out. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by heron » 20 Jan 2016, 2:56 pm

Just needs to say $99 on the invoice though right.

*cough* *WINK*
heron
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 20 Jan 2016, 4:32 pm

heron wrote:Just needs to say $99 on the invoice though right.

*cough* *WINK*

Yeah they won't do that. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by FuzzyM » 21 Jan 2016, 4:56 pm

I sent them a message and all stocks will now be $129 or higher.
Only stocks that are on clearance are still $99 at the moment.
They were well overdue for a price rise apparently.
FuzzyM
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by RDobber » 09 Feb 2016, 12:53 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Yeah they won't do that. :unknown:

:(

I thought they used to do that in the past (heard through the grape vine, not done myself). Maybe someone slapped them for it.
300 Win Mag Fanboy

Tikka, Tikka, Tikka, BOOM!
RDobber
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

PreviousNext

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment