Atlas PSR bipod forward loading

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Atlas PSR bipod forward loading

Post by 5Tom » 17 Feb 2017, 10:29 am

With the previous versions of the Atlas bipod that don't have the fore and aft limiting bosses, it allowed the rifle to freely move forward for loading and move backward to accommodate recoil.

To my understanding, the amount of play helps with recoil management and to simulate being in a rest and to eliminate hopping. The updated PSR (which I have) has been updated with fore and aft limiting bosses that restricts that fore and aft movement by design.

Has anyone ever modified their PSR by cutting or trimming these limiting bosses to allow that extra fore and aft movement?
5Tom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Atlas PSR bipod forward loading

Post by avalanche » 22 Feb 2017, 3:12 pm

I can't comment on trimming, but those I know who are using heavier tactical style rifles for F-class and PRS matches, have changed tactics from loading forward, to allowing free recoil, with good success. I wouldn't want too much movement personally as it's harder to get back on target?
avalanche
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Atlas PSR bipod forward loading

Post by brett1868 » 22 Feb 2017, 10:40 pm

I've tried forward loading, rearward loading and neutral....no real appreciable difference in accuracy for me. I've settled on forward loading so I can get back on target faster as rearward loading resulted in too much horizontal movement.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment