Cleaning rod for a CZ 455

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Cleaning rod for a CZ 455

Post by Wm.Traynor » 08 Mar 2017, 1:55 pm

The rods for 0.22 cal, that I own, all rub against the ejector which forces the rod against the chamber. The rod with the smallest diameter does it too and measures 0.185" It is a P-H with the plastic stripped off. The advice that I have seen is to get a Possum Hollow guide and a rod for a 0.204 but does anyone know what the diameter of the 204 rod is? If it is smaller than my 0.185" "modified" P-H, I would get one.

Suggestions, recommendations and advice are welcome 8-) :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Re: Cleaning rod for a CZ 455

Post by bladeracer » 08 Mar 2017, 2:00 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:The rods for 0.22 cal, that I own, all rub against the ejector which forces the rod against the chamber. The rod with the smallest diameter does it too and measures 0.185" It is a P-H with the plastic stripped off. The advice that I have seen is to get a Possum Hollow guide and a rod for a 0.204 but does anyone know what the diameter of the 204 rod is? If it is smaller than my 0.185" "modified" P-H, I would get one.

Suggestions, recommendations and advice are welcome 8-) :thumbsup:

My .204 ProShot rod is 0.1555" diameter.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 08 Mar 2017, 2:09 pm

Or try a .177 rod
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 08 Mar 2017, 4:23 pm

Aha :D That 204 jobby is much smaller than my smallest. :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Apollo » 08 Mar 2017, 6:32 pm

The .17/.20 Cal Pro Shot Rod I use is also 0.155" but I've never tried it in a CZ 455. A CZ 452 17HMR yes.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Wm.Traynor » 08 Mar 2017, 7:18 pm

Apollo wrote:The .17/.20 Cal Pro Shot Rod I use is also 0.155" but I've never tried it in a CZ 455. A CZ 452 17HMR yes.

Well, well, well :!: Seventeen and 20 are the same size,
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by YoungSC » 10 Mar 2017, 11:43 pm

Just started out in shooting in the last 6 months, but I trimmed down a business card to insert from the side to sit over the ejector.
YoungSC
Private
Private

-

Post by Wm.Traynor » 11 Mar 2017, 10:31 am

YoungSC wrote:Just started out in shooting in the last 6 months, but I trimmed down a business card to insert from the side to sit over the ejector.

If I am picturing that right, the card would protect the rod but at the same time, the rod would be forced into even harder contact with the chamber and rifling :unknown:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Apollo » 11 Mar 2017, 1:03 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:
YoungSC wrote:Just started out in shooting in the last 6 months, but I trimmed down a business card to insert from the side to sit over the ejector.

If I am picturing that right, the card would protect the rod but at the same time, the rod would be forced into even harder contact with the chamber and rifling :unknown:

Are you using a Bore Guide....?????
I see mention of it and the question was what diameter Rod... Been stated.
The "Pro Shot" is for 17 & 20 Cal, don't know why you would question that with a smart reply.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by YoungSC » 11 Mar 2017, 4:35 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:

You could be right. Will see if that is making things worse next time I'm cleaning.
YoungSC
Private
Private

-

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment