Boyds stiocks

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Boyds stiocks

Post by Garth » 09 Mar 2017, 11:10 am

Boyd's $99 stocks. Is shipping added to the price or is it separate I order a stock but they keep telling me it's over $100 .how it says $99 deals on all stocks but want to charge $129 just for stock is it bulls**t
Garth
Private
Private

Western Australia

Re: Boyds stiocks

Post by bigfellascott » 09 Mar 2017, 1:26 pm

I'd say the stock you want is over $99 so they won't send it. If it was $99 or less they will ship. The shipping is added on later so that won't effect the $99 limit that they have on shipping stocks (some ATAR thing from memory) which restricts what they can send without paperwork and all the crap that goes with it.

Have you got a link you can post so I can have a look and see if I can work out what's going on? I take it you didn't add on any additional features to the stock like laser etching or diff colour or checkering etc?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bladeracer » 09 Mar 2017, 2:19 pm

Garth wrote:Boyd's $99 stocks. Is shipping added to the price or is it separate I order a stock but they keep telling me it's over $100 .how it says $99 deals on all stocks but want to charge $129 just for stock is it bulls**t

I can't see any stocks for under $129 on their site.
If you absolutely must have one just order from the local distributor and leave out the headache.
Otherwise, find somebody in the US to buy it for you and send it over.

Personally, I can't see any point in replacing one hunter-style stock with another one the same.
Hunting Haven seem to stock a lot of Boyd stuff.
http://www.huntinghaven.com.au/c/gun-stocks/249
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Garth » 09 Mar 2017, 7:15 pm

Well my friend info my home work look up Boyd's $99 stocks it says all stocks $99 type in Boyd's $99 rifle stocks in black and red. Then you go to the patriot stocks it says 129 dollars .seems bit misleading
Garth
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 09 Mar 2017, 7:31 pm

Garth wrote:Well my friend info my home work look up Boyd's $99 stocks it says all stocks $99 type in Boyd's $99 rifle stocks in black and red. Then you go to the patriot stocks it says 129 dollars .seems bit misleading

I would email them then.
I would guess that a $99 sale would be specifically to include non-US customers.

Searching via Google I find a sale page for $99 stocks but doesn't have any stock actually listed - so perhaps they aren't selling anything for $99 currently?
http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/sale
Attachments
Boyds sale.JPG
Boyds sale.JPG (137.42 KiB) Viewed 2661 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Garth » 09 Mar 2017, 7:31 pm

Just seem bid misleading and I have tried for month to get a stock non for a patriot hence USA or wait up to 6 month for the stock as I was told buy several gun stores over east
Garth
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Garth » 09 Mar 2017, 7:32 pm

Just seem bid misleading and I have tried for month to get a stock non for a patriot hence USA or wait up to 6 month for the stock as I was told buy several gun stores over east
Garth
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 09 Mar 2017, 7:34 pm

You might also want to read the finishing instructions.
http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/pdfs/how_to_finish.pdf
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 09 Mar 2017, 7:52 pm

bladeracer wrote:You might also want to read the finishing instructions.
http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/pdfs/how_to_finish.pdf

That's only for the unfinished ones I'd say (got one sitting here that is uninletted and unfinished, all the finished ones don't usually need anything done to them (occasionally you might get one that needs a slight bit of relief in the inletting side of things and I normally open up the barrel channels on all of them even though they are free floating (I like a little more wriggle room for my barrels. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Garth » 09 Mar 2017, 8:02 pm

Cheers I've brought a uninletted one before I like finishing them thanks I guess it's how you read the add .never buy a mossburg again it's given me hell
Garth
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 09 Mar 2017, 8:23 pm

Garth wrote:Cheers I've brought a uninletted one before I like finishing them thanks I guess it's how you read the add .never buy a mossburg again it's given me hell

What's it doing Garth?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment