My Swaro is Back

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

My Swaro is Back

Post by Wm.Traynor » 17 Mar 2017, 2:16 pm

:D :D For a miserable 20 bucks, QGE sent it back Home where the lenses and seals were replaced and the out-of-focus-reticle, was fixed. Just came inside from checking the focus. Seems the same for both 1.5 and 6X. Swarovski charged me nothing for doing all that to my 20 year old scope :o :D

Sadly, it will be some time before it is tried on a rifle but the service was Great.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Re: My Swaro is Back

Post by Gwion » 17 Mar 2017, 2:43 pm

Great news....

I'll pay you $40 for it! :lol: :drinks:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Wm.Traynor » 17 Mar 2017, 5:29 pm

You've been very respectable/civil/polite about it mate, considering it was you who gave me the idea :thumbsup:
Who'da thought it, eh? All that for nothing although it did cost a King's Ransom to buy :cry:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 17 Mar 2017, 6:59 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:You've been very respectable/civil/polite about it mate, considering it was you who gave me the idea :thumbsup:
Who'da thought it, eh? All that for nothing although it did cost a King's Ransom to buy :cry:

You pre paid for the repairs mate, just you didn't realise it at the time. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gamerancher » 17 Mar 2017, 7:09 pm

Having been to the Swarovski factory, I can guarantee you pay for the quality and workmanship.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 17 Mar 2017, 7:13 pm

Gamerancher wrote:Having been to the Swarovski factory, I can guarantee you pay for the quality and workmanship.

I've been about quite a few Swaro owners having to send their scopes and bino's back for repairs lately, good news is they don't charge you for it (mind you you already paid for it up front) but still good service none the less. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 20 Mar 2017, 6:13 am

If I had the cash I'd swap out everything for Swaro or some other good Euro glass that has lifetime repair guarantee. A mate from the range is a Swaro lover and they are just great to look through!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Bent Arrow » 20 Mar 2017, 5:29 pm

My bino's are awesome. I know lots of people say they can't tell the difference between a $500 pair and the top end stuff, but on a large number of occasions I have been the one to spot the mob of goats feeding through the mallee a km away that turned what would otherwise have been a long bush walk into a hunt. I have no regrets about forking out for mine.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Wm.Traynor » 20 Mar 2017, 7:05 pm

You'll have them for life Bent Arrow :D
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 20 Mar 2017, 7:53 pm

That's the plan. Or at least until my boy proves he can put them to better use than I can
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment