Scope mounts ITAR?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Scope mounts ITAR?

Post by Cryptic » 27 Apr 2017, 2:01 am

Just a question on ordering from the states i know scopes come under ITAR but what about scope mounts.
I am thinking of getting a weigand scope rail for a pistol resent by a friend.
I can order direct off the company but they want $55us postage when i could get him to post for about $15.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Scope mounts ITAR?

Post by Cryptic » 27 Apr 2017, 3:40 am

Nevermind been in touch with weigand and they got back to me quick saying the bloody pistol scope rail comes under ITAR. FFS
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 Apr 2017, 5:00 am

Why not buy it here? Saves pissing about looking for the dealer who knows his regs and will ship it to you.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Cryptic » 27 Apr 2017, 5:15 am

No1Mk3 wrote:Why not buy it here? Saves pissing about looking for the dealer who knows his regs and will ship it to you.

I had read scope rails may not have come under ITAR

$120 here now I have finally found 1 place that actually sells them or $80 from us sent by friend is why.
That and a lot of revolver stuff I want is hard to come by here.
I browsed endless websites, rang stores and checked suppliers lists also at 3 local gun shops just to end up buying my holster overseas as couldnt find one here.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 Apr 2017, 9:42 am

Australian Tactical Precision were advertising Weigand pistol rails recently for $80 odd. Most scopes, and also rails, are not ITAR restricted but most US sellers have become fed up with State Dept bulls**t and harassment that they just throw their arms up and say "No export, sorry, ITARS" Keep looking and you will find it somewhere.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Cryptic » 27 Apr 2017, 11:37 am

No1Mk3 wrote:Australian Tactical Precision were advertising Weigand pistol rails recently for $80 odd. Most scopes, and also rails, are not ITAR restricted but most US sellers have become fed up with State Dept bulls**t and harassment that they just throw their arms up and say "No export, sorry, ITARS" Keep looking and you will find it somewhere.

Thanks No1mk3
I looked at them and they only have the mini rails for S&W and a ruger security six nothing else. S&W gear is easy as piss to find but for my GP100 can be a problem as no one really carries anything.
Weigand have said their only Aust options are a Bris gunsmith I will prob try or Brownells but they dont carry the GP 100 type in either their AU or US store.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by scoobs » 20 May 2017, 8:25 pm

scope rings and most scopes do not come under itar. i looked into when i was in texas, brought back my scope, rings and bipod with me
Tikka t3x super lite stainless .308/Nikon M-308 4-16x42 BDC-800.
Tikka T3X varmint stainless 22-250/Bushnell Trophy Extreme 6-24x50.
Lithgow LA101 22LR/bushnell rimfire 3-12x40
Adler a110 12Ga 20" tactical.
scoobs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Cryptic » 20 May 2017, 9:14 pm

scoobs wrote:scope rings and most scopes do not come under itar. i looked into when i was in texas, brought back my scope, rings and bipod with me

You can bring back without worrying on ITAR but most cant be posted or retailers dont bother as a lot do come under ITAR. Weigand already answered me on this and found it on US regs info.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment