Shopping list for newbie going to USA

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Shopping list for newbie going to USA

Post by wrenchman » 02 Jun 2017, 12:57 am

if you are there on a weeknd check and see if there are any gun shows lot of second hand stuff you can look them up on line
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Yipikaye » 11 Jun 2017, 1:18 pm

Got some great Tac gloves and clothing!

I was looking for a good rear bag but haven't been able to find the right one. I'm thinking of just getting one online.

Any one you would recommend.

Most of the online ones are unfilled. Would it be ok for me to just fill with sand?
- .303 British
- 12G
Yipikaye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Hugh » 20 Aug 2017, 7:54 am

Also check sportsmans warehouse and Scheels.On subect of clothing nearly everything is made in china or south america.Blunstones are a fashion over there and a pair of non steelcap boots I bought in au for$70 was close to $300 over there,they are also made in china.Biggest savings were made buying clothing for Grandson on the sales,best dressed kid in Pakenham.We travelled to AK recently and found a chain of store called Fred Myers I bought a Tomtom 6 in with lifetime maps for just over $100 and Columbia fleece jackets in como or plain colors for $25.Also keep an eye out for Premium Outlets,collection of various stores at discount prices,on our first trip I was admiring Seiko watch at duty free Tullamarine for over $1000 bought same watch 4 days later at Seiko factory outlet at the premium outlets north las vegas for $150 ended up buying 2.So plenty of bargains to be had,of course go to Cabelas have been to the Waco store worth looking at and Bass Pro shops.Good Trip Hugh
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by scoobs » 20 Aug 2017, 12:33 pm

i purchased a scope.rings and some bipods cheap in texas. magazines and ammo components are a definite no go.

just check before you purchase. eg, not all scopes are export restricted.
Tikka t3x super lite stainless .308/Nikon M-308 4-16x42 BDC-800.
Tikka T3X varmint stainless 22-250/Bushnell Trophy Extreme 6-24x50.
Lithgow LA101 22LR/bushnell rimfire 3-12x40
Adler a110 12Ga 20" tactical.
scoobs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Hugh » 21 Aug 2017, 12:31 pm

sungazer wrote:I would recommend the Seb rear bags from Q store or a Protektor bag yes just fill them with builders sand. run the sand through a sieve first to get the fine sand it will pack down nicely. If you really want to go all out you can get what is called heavy sand also from the q store really not needed.

Buy washed sand its cheaper and no need to sieve.
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment