Shotgun comb/cheek riser

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Shotgun comb/cheek riser

Post by AusTac » 16 May 2017, 8:06 pm

Ok so, as a part of a little project of mine i need to raise the comb of a monte carlo styled stock approximately an inch or so, thinking kydex maybe but that might slip vertically and requires drilling, or a neoprene diy with some foam which might slip up down the stock, any ideas experience?

Cheers people
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Re: Shotgun comb/cheek riser

Post by bladeracer » 16 May 2017, 8:40 pm

AusTac wrote:Ok so, as a part of a little project of mine i need to raise the comb of a monte carlo styled stock approximately an inch or so, thinking kydex maybe but that might slip vertically and requires drilling, or a neoprene diy with some foam which might slip up down the stock, any ideas experience?

Cheers people

Could try a strap on pouch?
Put strips of foam under it to adjust height until you find what you need.
I've even got some stock pouches that have cheek risers on them.
Like these - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Portable-Adjustable-Tactical-Butt-Stock-Rifle-Cheek-Rest-Pouch-Bullet-Holder-Bag-/112404681895
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Noisydad » 16 May 2017, 9:58 pm

IMG_0671.JPG
IMG_0671.JPG (1.9 MiB) Viewed 2412 times
Here's a hard leather one I made for Lady Noisy's Sharps .45-70. Apparently it works pretty well because from 4 long range events on Sunday she scored two 1st places and a 2nd.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by AusTac » 17 May 2017, 6:50 am

Might try one of those strap on things if i can find one in 12g, but noisy that is one bad arse stock riser! Compliments the rifle nicely
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by bladeracer » 17 May 2017, 9:26 am

AusTac wrote:Might try one of those strap on things if i can find one in 12g, but noisy that is one bad arse stock riser! Compliments the rifle nicely

The one I posted, the cartridge loops are velcroed on, as is the cover for them. Two separate pieces so you can swap sides or remove them completely if you don't want them. You can also get into the cheek riser pocket from the bottom to change its height or shape.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment