Looking for class 5 electronic earmuffs

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Looking for class 5 electronic earmuffs

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Jul 2017, 5:54 pm

The problem with hearing loss is that it is accumulative. And once you notice the loss it's too late.

Hearing aids only help/assist, your hearing will never be like it was.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bent Arrow » 09 Jul 2017, 6:17 pm

Mine has never been good, I suffered hearing damage through infections as a very young child. Stick 10 years as a panel beater and the usual exposure to music and anything else on top of that....... I reckon with a hearing aid I'll hear stuff I was never even aware of before. Surprisingly I have a very low tolerance to noise now, particularly power tools. Could be partly physiological.......
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 10 Jul 2017, 8:07 pm

Yep, hearing protection, custom made and designed not to interfere with shooting sports. I thought so too (hearing aid) but she said that they get asked often re protection.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 10 Jul 2017, 8:50 pm

I haven't managed to get out for a shot yet, maybe tomorrow.... But I was using some power tools in the shed this arvo and gave them a run. Very comfortable on, they don't have the annoying "click" that my Winchester branded electronic muffs do when the microphone cuts out. The photo with the new muffs in the middle shows size against an el cheapo SLC80 27, class 5 rated muffs on the left, and a 31db rated pair of non electric muffs on the right. Worn with plugs the noise with power tools (belt sander, electric plane, router) was very mild. Could hear ambient noises easily. Dodgy phone app reckons the router was humming at about 80 dB.
Attachments
Screenshot_20170710-165936.png
Screenshot_20170710-165936.png (167.11 KiB) Viewed 3958 times
_20170710_200516.JPG
_20170710_200516.JPG (587.4 KiB) Viewed 3958 times
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by YoungBuck » 02 Feb 2018, 2:12 pm

I've just bought the same set of ear muffs (Howard Leight Impact Pro Electronic) for use with the 243 ($90 on ebay inc postage).
Last time I was at the range, my in ear plugs seemed to block the sound OK, but geez they physically hurt my ears after nearly 4 hours of wear, they are slightly too big for my ears I think.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Feb 2018, 8:22 pm

YoungBuck wrote:I've just bought the same set of ear muffs (Howard Leight Impact Pro Electronic) for use with the 243 ($90 on ebay inc postage).
Last time I was at the range, my in ear plugs seemed to block the sound OK, but geez they physically hurt my ears after nearly 4 hours of wear, they are slightly too big for my ears I think.

Go to a Decent Safety shop like protector alsafe.
They will have plugs of various sizes. Get Class 4 or class 5.

Ear canals come in small medium large and XL. :lol: You must be a small.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment