Transporting guns with a ute..

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Transporting guns with a ute..

Post by MalleeFarmer » 18 Oct 2017, 4:26 pm

I have an under tray toolbox/drawer on a dual cab the drawer is only just long enough for a rifle so not the best. Also have lockable side toolboxes so i can store ammo in one of those.
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by SHANAKATAK » 19 Oct 2017, 8:11 pm

I've got a lockable canopy. Put them in lockable case that is chained and padlocked to the tie down points in the tub for longer trips.
Short trips without backseat passengers, bag on the backseat with a blanket chucked over.
SHANAKATAK
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Kenny » 20 Oct 2017, 8:49 pm

SHANAKATAK wrote:I've got a lockable canopy. Put them in lockable case that is chained and padlocked to the tie down points in the tub for longer trips.
Short trips without backseat passengers, bag on the backseat with a blanket chucked over.

Yeah, I'm in the market for a canopy myself.. tint the windows as dark as I can.
Had a short trip today, so just covered them up on the floor behind me..
It is the longer trips and when camping, that I want them locked up and out of the way..
Kenny
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 28 Oct 2017, 11:34 am

I have an extracab and just put it in the back of the cab in a case under a blanket and under my clothing bag, backpack, sleeping bag and boots etc.
Ammo goes in the tray in a locked cargo case with my camping gear.
Bigjobss

Post by Bigjobss » 28 Oct 2017, 11:39 am

Kenny wrote:
SHANAKATAK wrote:I've got a lockable canopy. Put them in lockable case that is chained and padlocked to the tie down points in the tub for longer trips.

Yeah, I'm in the market for a canopy myself.. tint the windows as dark as I can.
Had a short trip today, so just covered them up on the floor behind me..
It is the longer trips and when camping, that I want them locked up and out of the way..

I've thought about tinting my windows but day to day in my situation I think it would invite trouble, I have had mine broken into twice off street parking and now leave all glove boxes/consoles open and empty swapped out the ashtray and mounted the CB there.
Even still I have found my tonneau cover unstrapped from people peeking in, I am so tempted to booby trap my tray with a cobra.
Bigjobss

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment