How do people manage their cleaning equipment...?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: How do people manage their cleaning equipment...?

Post by Bushie » 10 Feb 2018, 10:36 pm

It's a bit dear bjt for the sake or organisation and convineince i think jts aorth every cent

Plus it will cover almost everything you need from what I've seen so far besides getting nylon brushes for copper etc but I'm still learning

I use this kit which you can take Any where and ibhave my solvents on a shelf on my bench and my 1 pce rods are hanging up besides the bench I'm crazy about a meat desk
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2818096059
12G > Anything else
Bushie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 11 Feb 2018, 8:24 am

I need something to take the solvents to the range that keeps them standing up I could get away with just one or two I think until I get home. Too many times I get home or to the range and the bottle of Hoppes as tipped over and spilled into the the range bag/box. The lids dont seem to seal well.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Daddybang » 12 Feb 2018, 8:57 am

brett1868 wrote:
Daddybang wrote:
juststarting wrote:cleanliness is next to godliness

That would make Brett the whole effin pantheon!!! :lol: :drinks:

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder can have its merits at times....I've pretty much got it under control these days but dirty barrels are one of the triggers.

Can't imagine what it's like to be ocd I'm pretty much the complete opposite! :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 12 Feb 2018, 4:45 pm

Jags, mops, brushes, adapters, bore guide, patches and stuff in a tackle box.

Oils, sprays and solvents in a cardboard box in the shooting cupboard with reloading gear.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 12 Feb 2018, 4:49 pm

sungazer wrote:I need something to take the solvents to the range that keeps them standing up I could get away with just one or two I think until I get home. Too many times I get home or to the range and the bottle of Hoppes as tipped over and spilled into the the range bag/box. The lids dont seem to seal well.

And this is the reason ive started the thread sungazer...for the portable side of things...
I use KG carbon cleaner & the bottle with its spiky lid is really tall--I might have to find a different bottle to put it in, or use a different carbon solvent as finding an appropriate sized box/container is proving difficult.

Im thinking of going back to 2 kits--everything at home, & a portable/range/field kit each with its own supply of solvents.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by sungazer » 12 Feb 2018, 6:00 pm

I think you may be onto something with the two kits even if it is a partial replica of what you have at home. I am just so surprised at the Hoopes bottles that leak if they get tipped over. They seem to rely on the cardboard washer in the top. I think it has been more of the benchrest one as well which is the more expensive. I was not that into cleaning at the range preferring to chat with the guys who were cleaning theirs. A good time to get info from the experts. However it is easier to get that carbon out while it is still fresh and hot.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment