Spika Spotlight STL-001 review

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Spika Spotlight STL-001 review

Post by pete1 » 07 Feb 2018, 6:48 am

So couldn't find a whole lot of info on the Spika Spotlight STL-001 when i was looking at buying one.

https://spika.com.au/product/trigger-light

So thought $99 sounds real cheap, so brought one.

Best $99 i've spent in ages.

On the box it says it goes 600m I'll say it goes that far but you could't shoot a target at that distance.

It charges off USB, cigarette lighter and 240v, but it takes 5 hours to charge, can run while charging though.

Lasts 2.5 hours.

I personally dont like the grip, fingers don't fit in the groves, would of been better making it a straight grip. Its not to heave so easy to hold and lug around.

Overall including value for money I'd rate it a 8 out of 10.

Charge time is the biggest negitive

Ill post some Pics later, just thought I'd write this so others that may be interested can read before they buy.
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Spika Spotlight STL-001 review

Post by Pythonkeeper » 08 Feb 2018, 6:00 am

I got one of these for Xmas, I agree with all the above, though I don’t mind the grip personally, my main gripe with this style of light has always been charge time/runtime, if they bought one out with interchangeable batteries then they’d be close to perfect.
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Spika Spotlight STL-001 review

Post by pete1 » 08 Feb 2018, 10:59 am

Pythonkeeper wrote:I got one of these for Xmas, I agree with all the above, though I don’t mind the grip personally, my main gripe with this style of light has always been charge time/runtime, if they bought one out with interchangeable batteries then they’d be close to perfect.

Yeh 100% a interchangeable battery would make life so much better, there are other brands that do this, but they can cost 3x as much.
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment