External firearm storage?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: External firearm storage?

Post by Daddybang » 21 Apr 2018, 9:52 am

F@#k I'm happy my missus is a shooter!!
Best of luck with it !! :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Apr 2018, 11:22 am

Yeah, educate her and if that doesn't work buy a shed/man cave. Use the cave to make more ammo and beer. :lol:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 21 Apr 2018, 3:02 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Yeah, educate her and if that doesn't work buy a shed/man cave. Use the cave to make more ammo and beer. :lol:

very good advise wisdom comes with age :lol: :lol: ,
you have to remember it does not matter how much your wife thinks she has the rains in your marriage it is an equal partnership meaning that you are entitled to your hobbies as well as she does, I think she needs to compromise, obviously you would do it in the right way and having a man shed away from the house IMO would be a good one, you dont need to shove them up her nose that would never work, we all know there are loads of people that have an irrational fear of firearms and we know education is the answer to make firearms a bit more normal to everyone as it should be and was, it doesn't mean they have to like it, firearms are not for everyone and everyone is not for firearms but they need to accept that firearms are not the problem with law abiding firearm owners
hope you can work things out amicably :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Apr 2018, 3:37 pm

As I said earlier, man cave and after a year or two she will come around. She needs to understand that girls do girl things we do boy things. That's just how it is.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 21 Apr 2018, 10:44 pm

bentaz wrote:Buy guns, store elsewhere, spend heaps of time elsewhere playing with guns. Wife complains you're never home, say well if my gunsafe was in the garage I would be home!

or she would say "your never home it's me or the gun's" :huh:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by darwindingo » 22 Apr 2018, 1:42 am

Hang on a minute; I’m starting to wonder if this bloke’s missus could be on to something…. :shock:

I’m sure that last night while I was asleep, my guns broke out of the safe in a long planned evil effort to steal my wallet and car and go on a murderous rampage, but luckily they must have changed their minds, because when I woke up everything was the same as when I went to sleep.. :?

Wallet was where I left it.. :?

Car hadn’t moved.. :?

And no one had been harmed… :?

PHEW….. That was lucky… :P (Sorry I couldn't help myself mate :friends: )....

Seriously though mate !....

It may be worth going to a range mate and talking to a female shooter or male shooter that has a missus that either shoots too or is cool with it, about your situation and ask if she/he/they would be willing to help you out…

If so try to organise a time to take the missus down for a range meet or offer to shout any willing participants out to a meal or something somewhere with a combined objective to de-evilise the whole gun thing…

It may sound somewhat extreme but it may work in your favor, especially if a fellow female is on your team (well hopfully).. Certainly worth a try… IMO..

Best of luck… :thumbsup:

:drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Bent Arrow » 22 Apr 2018, 9:45 am

This same topic came up a few months or so back. There was some solid advice offered then. Try to normalise firearms a little at a time. The Meat eater series and beyond the divide come to mind as mainstream acceptable hunting shows that don't focus on the firearm and killing, but rather the entire experience. Access some of the footage from the recent commonwealth games............
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by albat » 22 Apr 2018, 7:50 pm

Yeah that's a tough situation spike I feel your pain , gold coast has plenty to offer though in extremely secure free storage and free transport ,just phone 1800bandido for a quote :lol: no seriously though you can bolt your safe in the shed and still be legal
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 23 Apr 2018, 6:57 am

albat wrote:Yeah that's a tough situation spike I feel your pain , gold coast has plenty to offer though in extremely secure free storage and free transport ,just phone 1800bandido for a quote :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by geekwithguns » 23 Apr 2018, 11:59 am

Allowing him to shoot and have guns, but not allowing him to register them to their address makes me think shes not against guns but more concerned about having the address flagged or having police enter the house for inspections...
geekwithguns
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by doc » 23 Apr 2018, 2:02 pm

Whatever you choose - make sure that there's enough storage to hold not only your firearms, but her cooking knives as well. Knives kill people too, and if guns are unsafe, then so is half the kitchenware. And I'm sure she won't mind... after all if someone has an issue with knives like she has with guns, it's only fair...

But stupidity aside - I don't believe that the guns are more important than your wife, however what she's asking for is not just illogical from both a safety or cost perspective - if it's something that she can't overcome then I fear there's a lot more deeper issues than just the location of storing firearms ahead with your relationship.

My suggestion is not to treat it as a you vs her issue - it's you as a couple vs some illogical fear that's trying to creep in between you two - help her through this rather than fight against her with it to come to a good outcome.

I love the suggestion above about taking her to a range, and getting her to understand guns. Not in a way of trying to 'win her over' as a gun lover, but just so she can have a greater understanding. (The liking them will probably happen all by itself ;) )

My guess is that if you do choose to go down the path of simply 'rolling over' to this illogical demand - you need to be prepared to give up a lot more later on as well.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Antie » 23 Apr 2018, 3:57 pm

geekwithguns wrote:Allowing him to shoot and have guns, but not allowing him to register them to their address makes me think shes not against guns but more concerned about having the address flagged or having police enter the house for inspections...

I think you misread something there mate.

No mention of not wanting them registered to their address.

She doesn't want guns stored in the house.
Antie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 23 Apr 2018, 4:22 pm

Antie wrote:
geekwithguns wrote:Allowing him to shoot and have guns, but not allowing him to register them to their address makes me think shes not against guns but more concerned about having the address flagged or having police enter the house for inspections...

I think you misread something there mate.

No mention of not wanting them registered to their address.

She doesn't want guns stored in the house.
Attachments
EG thread.JPG
EG thread.JPG (39.15 KiB) Viewed 4300 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 23 Apr 2018, 8:10 pm

Sooo, is the OP still here?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Yipikaye » 23 Apr 2018, 8:22 pm

Seems he's in family court if he's been following the above suggestions :o
- .303 British
- 12G
Yipikaye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Growler » 24 Apr 2018, 4:50 am

Kennards here in SA have firearms storage available. In a strong room, monitored cctv 24/7 access. Might be worth checking your storage mobs up that way and see what else is available. But it works out at $780 a year. That's whats swayed my missus that in 10 years it'd cost us/her near on $18k
Just the necessity
Growler
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Supaduke » 24 Apr 2018, 11:01 am

How do you get $18k from 10x $780?
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by geekwithguns » 24 Apr 2018, 11:26 am

Supaduke wrote:How do you get $18k from 10x $780?

Maybe he expects the price to go up by 37% each year. lol
geekwithguns
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Cool » 24 Apr 2018, 12:16 pm

Hi Mate,

You can use any normal self storge to store your firearm. They all have full securuty and 24 hours access. I once used Fort Knox storage in melbourne. for $50 a month they gave me reasonable size unit with my own pin code and access to 24/7. These joints are fully secured and have alarm security for after hours.I also had random police check for my fire arm once without any issue.
Cool
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Growler » 24 Apr 2018, 5:40 pm

Supaduke wrote:How do you get $18k from 10x $780?

Hahahahaha phark knows????? I got something wrong. But now ive got a safe at home.
Just the necessity
Growler
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Growler » 24 Apr 2018, 5:44 pm

Yup i muffed it. Current price with discount (pay 6mths in advance)is $900 p/y So 9k over 10yrs...
Just the necessity
Growler
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by juststarting » 24 Apr 2018, 6:58 pm

This is still going. Wow. Would have thought divorce papers are already filed and everything was sweet.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Growler » 24 Apr 2018, 7:52 pm

juststarting wrote:This is still going. Wow. Would have thought divorce papers are already filed and everything was sweet.

Spose monthly maintenance is more than external storage ay
Just the necessity
Growler
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by TheDude » 24 Apr 2018, 8:15 pm

Growler wrote:
juststarting wrote:This is still going. Wow. Would have thought divorce papers are already filed and everything was sweet.

I’f that’s per rifle, divorce will pay for itself in no time.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Southpaw » 24 Apr 2018, 8:45 pm

Was thinking the same :problem:
Southpaw
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by Growler » 24 Apr 2018, 8:56 pm

TheDude wrote:
Growler wrote:

I’f that’s per rifle, divorce will pay for itself in no time.

Phwark the maintenance i paid woulda bought me a rifle every month for 17 F@@@n years
Just the necessity
Growler
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by sungazer » 24 Apr 2018, 9:27 pm

How do you fondle your guns when you have them out for the genuine reason of cleaning, When they are miles away? :cry:
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Wylie27 » 25 Apr 2018, 7:03 am

Scared off the op.. oops
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Next