Magpul hunter stocks

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Magpul hunter stocks

Post by Diddums » 24 Apr 2018, 10:15 pm

I'm getting a Ruger American predator soon and the only down side I seem to find about it is the stock so I'm considering buying another stock fir it.

Had anyone got a Magpul hunter stock?
If so, hooe do you le it.
Diddums
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Magpul hunter stocks

Post by sungazer » 25 Apr 2018, 8:11 am

I had a look and feel of one at the LGS I was not a fan it was too heavy I thought for what it was. Im not a fan of the spacers in the stock to change length of pull thats a personal thing though as they all are when dealing with looks and feel
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by SHEFFO » 25 Apr 2018, 11:26 am

Ive got one on a Rem 700 in .308

It's better than the Hogue stock that came with it - more comfortable, sits better in my hand.
It is a bit heavy, but i don't tend to walk massive distances from the ute so its fine for me. If anything i like the extra weight.
Rossi Puma .22 [] Rem 7615 .223 [] Rem 700 .308 [] Chiappa 1892 44RM [] Pardus LAX [] Springfield 1903A3 30-06
SHEFFO
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Diddums » 25 Apr 2018, 3:04 pm

Thanks for the replies.

SHEFFO wrote:Ive got one on a Rem 700 in .308

It's better than the Hogue stock that came with it - more comfortable, sits better in my hand.
It is a bit heavy, but i don't tend to walk massive distances from the ute so its fine for me. If anything i like the extra weight.

I do want to take it on foot but with an 18" barrel it should be a fairly light action and barrel.
I like the look of the magpul and the adjusability of the butt stock.
How do you find the cheek riser?
Diddums
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by SHEFFO » 25 Apr 2018, 3:21 pm

Diddums wrote:Thanks for the replies.

SHEFFO wrote:Ive got one on a Rem 700 in .308

I do want to take it on foot but with an 18" barrel it should be a fairly light action and barrel.
I like the look of the magpul and the adjusability of the butt stock.
How do you find the cheek riser?

Yeh mine is a 20" heavy barrel, like i said, its not an issue.
The cheek riser is a little high for me, but thats the one that came with it, i think you can get a smaller one (they definitely make a higher one)
The spacers for length of pull are great for me - I'm 6 foot 5 and use all the spacers that came with the stock.
Rossi Puma .22 [] Rem 7615 .223 [] Rem 700 .308 [] Chiappa 1892 44RM [] Pardus LAX [] Springfield 1903A3 30-06
SHEFFO
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment