Mt Cole deer sanctuary

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Mt Cole deer sanctuary

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Jun 2018, 8:39 pm

Well done. Seems I was given at least in part a bum steer. Thanks Bentaz. Commonsense prevails.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by AusTac » 06 Jun 2018, 9:27 pm

Looks like a pretty small forest on google maps, approx 10 kms wide, local to some i know though, good luck whoever that may be

Also old fella, almost ran over another deer where i was telling you about earlier in the year, whenever i go with my shotgun nothing though :unknown:
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 06 Jun 2018, 11:14 pm

Oh....now isn’t this interesting. I always get a kick out of searching for stuff with DONC, You get forwarded and refereed to so many different people. It took me like 7 people to find out about a spot in Ballarat wether or not it was crown land anymore.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Jun 2018, 8:55 pm

"Oldbloke called them he was told its fine to shoot deer anywhere outside the Mt Cole SF."

Yeah, very frustrating. Perhaps if I'd asked more specific questions I'd have got more accurate info. Having said that the discussion was mainly around Mt Cole.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by YoungBuck » 08 Jun 2018, 4:21 pm

To be honest that map is confusing me even more. The heading states that the hunting of all game and wildlife are forbidden in the shaded area... Are pests not considered 'wildlife'?
Waterloo is a regular hunting ground of mine and I've even had a chat to one of the rangers that drove by while I had my rifle with me! No dramas! :crazy:
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by YoungBuck » 08 Jun 2018, 4:42 pm

bentaz wrote: Ferals are not wild life, fox, goat, pig, bunny, cats n dogs are all fair game in the sanctuary. Wildlife is used to describe native animals.

This all makes sense now.
Also interesting to know waterloo is covered by sanctuary! I was planning to hunt deer in there at some point, guess that's off the cards now :violin:

Thanks Bentaz for the clarification. :thumbsup:
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey