Minimum caliber ?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Minimum caliber ?

Post by straightshooter » 26 Jul 2018, 7:56 am

Die Judicii wrote::lol:
Speaking of "holes" in legal documents,,,,,,,,,,,,

Check this pic out.

A classic F@CK UP by the SA Police.

Three months (yes, 3 months) AFTER a family tragedy occurred, the local copper from where I used to live, was instructed from his hierarchy to come and take my firearms.

When I asked why,,,,,,,,,,, he apologized, and said to me that after what had happened there were fears that I might "top" myself.

I just laughed and said Your pretty slow off the mark, and besides, if I was gonna do that,,,, I would have done it 3 months ago.

But he still had his orders to take the firearms, which he did.

After this monumental stuff up was sorted out a week later, and when I went to collect them, these are the stickers that were attached to each f/arm.

"FIREARM (IMITATION)" :wtf: :wtf: :shock: :shock: :crazy: :crazy: Not to forget the "BOLD ACTION" :lol: :lol:

To add insult to injury, some of my firearms were also damaged.

Cast your mind back. Did you or anyone close to you visit a doctor and complain of depression or even hint at suicidal ideation?
Your doctor is then compelled to report the matter and the wheels of bureaucracy start turning.
You can't blame the doctor, he probably would like to keep practicing and enjoying an income and at the most human level he would not want to be responsible for not preventing a potential tragedy.
You must be very careful what you say to any health professional regarding feelings of depression or related symptoms such as a need for long term pain management.
It is very beneficial to have a long term, very friendly relationship with your doctor.
In the course of my employment I have been present at a group medical practice where a doctor in the middle of a consultation has come out and quietly asked the receptionist to "ring the police, xxxxxxx is suffering from ED, they need to take away his guns".
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 26 Jul 2018, 8:20 am

have been thinking about forming a group to pressure the state government into paying agistment fees for harbouring THEIR kangaroos.
They happily splash money around to just about everyone else.

If there are enough votes in it and I'd you are in a marginal seat

ED

why would the doctor need to take away your guns if you have erectile dysfunction.... sorry bad joke
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jul 2018, 9:21 am

albat wrote:never heard of a '0' grain projectile in .224 must be the new go to projectile!

It's the diet lite version :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Die Judicii » 26 Jul 2018, 9:59 am

straightshooter wrote:
Cast your mind back. Did you or anyone close to you visit a doctor and complain of depression or even hint at suicidal ideation?

NO Mate,,,,
As a matter of fact my Doctor at the time was also an ex work colleague and we had known each other for more than 20 years.
Added to the fact that she was away on leave when all the sh!t happened,, and it was her intervention (when she found out what had happened) that got all my firearms returned to me.

She was absolutely furious over what had taken place,,, believe me,, I was present when she made the phone calls to have them returned. :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jul 2018, 3:24 pm

What the hell is a "BOLD" Action rifle FFS? Talk about no FID of what he hell they are on about half the bloody time. Why the hell didn't they remove the car keys, rope, knives, medication, ban you from going near cliffs or train lines or roads, dams with bessar blocks etc etc etc, another example of how f***ed up this idiotic country has become.

Poor young fella last week killed himself using the XPT - have they no idea if ones intending to kill themselves that's exactly what will happen regardless of their stupid idiotic, ideology-driven thinking is?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Die Judicii » 27 Jul 2018, 10:07 am

bigfellascott wrote:What the hell is a "BOLD" Action rifle FFS?

Poor young fella last week killed himself using the XPT - have they no idea if ones intending to kill themselves that's exactly what will happen regardless of their stupid idiotic, ideology-driven thinking is?

When you can tell us all what a "BOLD" Action rifle is,,,,, we will ALL be enlightened Mate.

Furthermore, the day I went in to pick up my rifles, the police woman on duty brought them in from their armoury stacked in a Woolworths shopping trolley.
When I saw the stickers, I asked her "If they really were IMITATION firearms like the sticker says, why did they have to be locked away ?"

She just gave me a blank stare,,,, I don't think she understood what I was getting at. :roll:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 27 Jul 2018, 7:21 pm

Die Judicii wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:What the hell is a "BOLD" Action rifle FFS?

When you can tell us all what a "BOLD" Action rifle is,,,,, we will ALL be enlightened Mate.

Furthermore, the day I went in to pick up my rifles, the police woman on duty brought them in from their armoury stacked in a Woolworths shopping trolley.
When I saw the stickers, I asked her "If they really were IMITATION firearms like the sticker says, why did they have to be locked away ?"

She just gave me a blank stare,,,, I don't think she understood what I was getting at. :roll:

They are clueless no doubt about it, I remember seeing some sort of police hierarchy woffling on about about a bolt action rifle that he described as a semi auto from memory, completely clueless about the subject yet spoke like was the authority on it. :thumbsdown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Previous

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey