Productive trip to my annual haunt...

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Productive trip to my annual haunt...

Post by brinny » 30 Jun 2018, 4:42 am

Head down to the western district a couple of times a year on the foxes......First weekend i took 10 on one of the lousiest nights weather wise i have seen in a long time....Didnt stop raining all night.....gave it away at 1 am and hit the swag......following weekend i took a mate down with me and took another 18 off the same property.....saw approx. 30 each night....Heading back down this weekend as well to have another crack.....

first night out...

second night out.....
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Productive trip to my annual haunt...

Post by Member-Deleted » 30 Jun 2018, 8:21 am

Whats the chain saw brinny for skinning mate :lol: :lol:
Geez mate that's a good hall ,all look in good knick to
It's of no wonder they are still breeding so well with patches like that still around
Well mate some one has to do the hard yakka and it looks like you have done yours with that lot :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by Bent Arrow » 30 Jun 2018, 8:39 am

That's a great effort mate
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by SCJ429 » 30 Jun 2018, 9:33 am

And I thought I was doing well when I get five in a night, great work.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by tom604 » 30 Jun 2018, 9:34 am

$10 dollar bounty,,,cha-ching :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by southwest shooter » 30 Jun 2018, 10:06 am

Good trip .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by YoungBuck » 30 Jun 2018, 11:00 am

$280 reward for camping and shooting. Geez it doesn't get much better than that.
The most confirmed I've had in a night is 3! :violin:
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 30 Jun 2018, 11:57 am

Nice one brinny...!! :thumbsup:

Oh what a feeling it must be to bowl over that many in a night... :clap:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 30 Jun 2018, 1:57 pm

well done brinny :clap: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 30 Jun 2018, 9:43 pm

Well done boyo,
Leave a few for me at Xmas time when I'm down there ?
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by brinny » 02 Jul 2018, 6:01 am

Cheers fellas.....went for a look again on Saturday night and took another 9 off the place....with only 12 seen for the night, so have thinned them right down.....farmer is very happy...
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 02 Jul 2018, 8:55 am

Nice work mate. Win for the land holder and a win for you. Doesn’t get much better than that eh.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 02 Jul 2018, 11:35 am

Very well done and you should get the conservation award of the Month. :clap:

Give it a few weeks and they'll be back just as thick...
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 02 Jul 2018, 2:43 pm

brinny wrote:Head down to the western district a couple of times a year on the foxes......First weekend i took 10 on one of the lousiest nights weather wise i have seen in a long time....Didnt stop raining all night.....gave it away at 1 am and hit the swag......following weekend i took a mate down with me and took another 18 off the same property.....saw approx. 30 each night..

Nice shooting brinny. I'm curious what your method is. I've only ever shot foxes opportunistically during daylight hours while out shooting pigs on foot. Are you moving around the paddocks spotlighting from the vehicle, or static and whistling them in?
Member-Deleted

Post by Stix » 02 Jul 2018, 4:20 pm

Member-Deleted wrote:
brinny wrote:Head down to the western district a couple of times a year on the foxes......First weekend i took 10 on one of the lousiest nights weather wise i have seen in a long time....Didnt stop raining all night.....gave it away at 1 am and hit the swag......following weekend i took a mate down with me and took another 18 off the same property.....saw approx. 30 each night..

Nice shooting brinny. I'm curious what your method is. I've only ever shot foxes opportunistically during daylight hours while out shooting pigs on foot. Are you moving around the paddocks spotlighting from the vehicle, or static and whistling them in?

Brinny cheats...he has infiltrated NASA & got hold of an invisi-fox jacket & gun lube...
He just puts the jacket on & rubs his gun with the film & they walk right up to him. :sarcasm:

Nice going brinny...ive been lazy & too much of a woos this year & not wanted to brave the cold out in my swag...

Seeing your pics is slowly getting my crazy thoughts of sleeping in my swag in minus 3 degrees back...!

You should post a link to this thread in fox pages. :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by brinny » 02 Jul 2018, 7:13 pm

Stix wrote:
Member-Deleted wrote:

Brinny cheats...he has infiltrated NASA & got hold of an invisi-fox jacket & gun lube...
He just puts the jacket on & rubs his gun with the film & they walk right up to him. :sarcasm:

Nice going brinny...ive been lazy & too much of a woos this year & not wanted to brave the cold out in my swag...

Seeing your pics is slowly getting my crazy thoughts of sleeping in my swag in minus 3 degrees back...!

Bugger stix....your onto me.....must be a whistle blower at NASA....but shhhh....dont tell amyone... :silent: :silent:
You have to get off the bloody sofa and get out and get some of that 2am good clean country fresh air in your lungs mate.....nothing like it....
and sitting around the campfire hanging out for it to get dark enough to head out....
Reckon i could have grabbed hold of my bugle and snapped it off when i woke up on Sunday morning it was that cold....when you hear the ice crack on the swag flap when you throw it open, you know its cold...
Dont hold back mate....into them.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by brinny » 02 Jul 2018, 7:23 pm

Member-Deleted wrote:

Pretty basic stuff how i go about it BBSS.....I do a lot of driving and stop periodically and scan with my monoculor....once i spot a critter, i head over in his general direction with the lights off untill i reckon im close enough...they are pretty inquisitive critters, and if they dont see a light flashing around, usually hang about wondering whats going on....once close enough...generally between as close as i can get and 300m....i poke the rifle out the window and curtains for old brer...mind you i use thermal all the time now so there is no light whatsoever involved....except when i wander out to pick the hapless victim up....even when im driving around, its usually with only the parkers on, or even no lights at all..i pick my routes when im scanning with the monoculor..seems to work ok as i get the results with that method....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bent Arrow » 02 Jul 2018, 8:37 pm

Are you using a thermal or IR monocular?
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by brinny » 02 Jul 2018, 9:49 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:Are you using a thermal or IR monocular?

Both thermal mate.....XQ50 quantum monoculor, and an XQ50 Trail scope.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 02 Jul 2018, 10:42 pm

brinny wrote:
Stix wrote:
Member-Deleted wrote:

Bugger stix....your onto me.....must be a whistle blower at NASA....but shhhh....dont tell amyone... :silent: :silent:
You have to get off the bloody sofa and get out and get some of that 2am good clean country fresh air in your lungs mate.....nothing like it....
and sitting around the campfire hanging out for it to get dark enough to head out....

Reckon i could have grabbed hold of my bugle and snapped it off when i woke up on Sunday morning it was that cold....when you hear the ice crack on the swag flap when you throw it open, you know its cold...
Dont hold back mate....into them.....

Yes i should get out there...i havnt been to a property now for a year or 2 & need to get there...
But i know what you mean about the cold & ice.. last time i was there i crawled into the swag at around 2 am, & it was frozen then...!!
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Midwestman » 18 Jul 2018, 4:37 pm

great too see you and the famous SES fella have a great time brinny,nothing beats swaggin it,nice fire,nice rifle and dead foxes well done bro.
carl gustov 03 mauser 6.5x55
savage 223
Midwestman
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by brinny » 06 Aug 2018, 12:10 am

Midwestman wrote:great too see you and the famous SES fella have a great time brinny,nothing beats swaggin it,nice fire,nice rifle and dead foxes well done bro.

It was a great time mate.....Do you know the famous SES character at all mate???
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Midwestman » 19 Aug 2018, 3:54 pm

hi brinny,i know you blokes from the other forum,i just believe in respect and anonymity while online. that's why i just referred our mate as the famous SES guy. i keep the same name for both forums,as names,passwords and IT not my strong points,but anything thru a scope is something we call history or past tence,just like those foxes hahaha. well done brinny. :drinks:
carl gustov 03 mauser 6.5x55
savage 223
Midwestman
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey