New Shooter - Geelong

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

New Shooter - Geelong

Post by CZ45222LR » 31 Jul 2018, 8:17 pm

Hi all,

New to shooting and would appreciate any advice on getting into the sport and involved in the local shooting community. I'm located in the Geelong region, have only been here for 5 months and have had my head down working since I arrived so only just getting into gear having recently picked up a CZ452 22LR.

I plan on getting involved with the local Field and Game, and getting some camping/plinking/varmint shooting under my belt - especially as the weather begins to warm up. Open to suggestions for any other ideas on getting some experience.

TIA for any help.
CZ45222LR
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: New Shooter - Geelong

Post by No1Mk3 » 02 Aug 2018, 5:52 am

G'day CZ45222LR,
Welcome aboard mate,
SSAA Eagle Park at Little River is your closest rifle range, with Geelong Field & Game only a few minutes further on at Moretons Rd Balliang.. At Eagle Park one of the SSAA Sub-clubs, Melbourne Sporting Rifle Club, hold comps in 3 postion, metallic silhouette and Field Rifle all of which are good for honing your hunting skills. F&G membership will get you a lot of info and help, and would also help you in finding properties to go hunt. Go visit and good luck.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey