Wallan, Victoria

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Wallan, Victoria

Post by LDP » 20 Aug 2018, 10:34 pm

Hi guys

I have a chance to go out to some private property in Wallan, am I going to find anything other than rabbits and foxes? Flowerdale has deer but that’s on the other side of tallarook state forest

Cheers
LDP
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Wallan, Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 21 Aug 2018, 6:03 am

G'day LDP,
Biggest Sambar I've seen for ages standing in the middle of the road top of Pretty Sally. I was on my way back down from Kilmore in my work car and had a flash of bumping it, but my little Mazda would lose against a big-ish bunny! Have seen goats over towards Darraweit Guim on private land, and was told they were a mob that went feral and nobody has been able to get permission to knock them but you never know where those things might pop up.Certainly, take your deer rifle, you never know you might find that bugger who was in the road before a semi does, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by AusTac » 21 Aug 2018, 9:02 pm

You'll find deer and pigs fairly easily, i spend ALOT of my time out that way, might depend exactly where the property is in relation to the local forests
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Cooper » 22 Aug 2018, 12:04 pm

I'm kinda between Tallarook and Dissapointment and travel the Hume Fwy past Wallan most days. I've seen quite a few Sambar deer about. Both alive and dead on the side of road. I see the odd Fallow deer and keep hearing that there are pigs about. But I haven't seen any. But I havent really being looking either. Then again I image they'd be like Sambar deer. If I was looking for them I image they would be pretty hard to find!
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by LDP » 28 Aug 2018, 8:17 pm

Thanks for the tips gents, let you know how I go down there. Hopefully I run into something worth my time, appreciate the help
LDP
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey