Hunters in France

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Hunters in France

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Oct 2018, 9:01 am

Tragic story for the victim and the young hunter involved here.

But when you get to the bottom of the article you just have to ask WTF is going on over there?

Hunter kills British mountain biker in French Alps
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-15/h ... s/10376242
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: Hunters in France

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Oct 2018, 9:37 am

The lace panties usual reaction, savage knee-jerk

https://www.thelocal.fr/20171218/can-th ... -to-an-end
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Archie » 15 Oct 2018, 11:01 am

Just a guess, but I suspect part of it is driven hunts. A lot more hunting over there is driving game rather than stalking like here (or US or UK). Fast shots on moving targets, plus competition to get the shot because you're hunting with 5 other people. Bolt that together with a bit of brandy over lunch and maybe you shoot at something moving rather than something you actually identified?
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Oct 2018, 11:10 am

Archie wrote:Just a guess, but I suspect part of it is driven hunts. A lot more hunting over there is driving game rather than stalking like here (or US or UK). Fast shots on moving targets, plus competition to get the shot because you're hunting with 5 other people. Bolt that together with a bit of brandy over lunch and maybe you shoot at something moving rather than something you actually identified?

Yes, plus more densly populated smaller country with 2.5 times our population, I suppose.

I can't help but magine the manufactured outrage if we had anything like those numbers here :roll:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 15 Oct 2018, 12:37 pm

Thirteen people died during the French hunting season in the year to June 1, with another 115 injured, according to national hunting and wildlife agency ONCFS.
get real 128 people a year shot in a hunting season June to march if that was here we would not have any firearms
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 15 Oct 2018, 8:18 pm

This has been pretty widely reported - hope it doesn't give the anti's here "ammunition" to sabotage our Qld state forest petition
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey