Glad I Confirmed target before Shooting.

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Glad I Confirmed target before Shooting.

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 24 Oct 2018, 7:48 am

tom604 wrote:bit over five ks a day, easy to do but what was the dog eating?

Who knows there are plenty of things that the dog could have eaten the place is teaming with life.
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 24 Oct 2018, 12:46 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:
Stix wrote:
bigpete wrote:Sounds pretty s**t if you ask me

Bent Arrow wrote:

Yep.

What specifically are we talking about here can i ask...?

Refers to this from Duncan:

"I wish I was as careful as you.At the farm one foggy night I shot whatI thought was a fox between the eyes and it was a newborn calf.It would not have made it through the night as it had been abandoned.It tasted great but I am glad the farmer did not miss it as he keeps stock for keeping the grass down and beef.they are mostly friesan and I have never seen a calf on the property in 25 years"

Duncan's post refers to what I regard as three key ethical and moral failures within the one paragraph. (1) failed to be absolutely certain of the target before pulling the trigger. (2) failed to take responsibility for his mistake and own up to the farmer that he had killed one of the farmers livestock, (3) took the meat from the calf he killed off of the farm without permission.

Totally agree with you.

The property on which I live is now off limits to any shooters but family, and myself as the one trusted with the responsibility of controlling ferals on the part of it where the house I rent is located, for precisely this sort of careless, dishonest and disrespectful behaviour by shooters in the past.

Killing a valuable stock animal after carelessly misidentifying it is one thing, and accidents occasionally happen but hiding it from the owner, whose livelihood is derived from those animals, is morally wrong, and taking the animal off the property without permission is a criminal act of theft.

These are exactly the sort of behaviours that brand all responsible shooters as the murderous rednecks the the lace panties at GCA would have the uninformed public believe we are.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 24 Oct 2018, 3:15 pm

Aj thats a f@#kin great result and good on ya !! :thumbsup: :drinks:

Gaznazdiak wrote:
Bent Arrow wrote:
Stix wrote:

Bent Arrow wrote:

Yep.

What specifically are we talking about here can i ask...?

Refers to this from Duncan:

"I wish I was as careful as you.At the farm one foggy night I shot whatI thought was a fox between the eyes and it was a newborn calf.It would not have made it through the night as it had been abandoned.It tasted great but I am glad the farmer did not miss it as he keeps stock for keeping the grass down and beef.they are mostly friesan and I have never seen a calf on the property in 25 years"

Duncan's post refers to what I regard as three key ethical and moral failures within the one paragraph. (1) failed to be absolutely certain of the target before pulling the trigger. (2) failed to take responsibility for his mistake and own up to the farmer that he had killed one of the farmers livestock, (3) took the meat from the calf he killed off of the farm without permission.

Totally agree with you.

The property on which I live is now off limits to any shooters but family, and myself as the one trusted with the responsibility of controlling ferals on the part of it where the house I rent is located, for precisely this sort of careless, dishonest and disrespectful behaviour by shooters in the past.

Killing a valuable stock animal after carelessly misidentifying it is one thing, and accidents occasionally happen but hiding it from the owner, whose livelihood is derived from those animals, is morally wrong, and taking the animal off the property without permission is a criminal act of theft.

These are exactly the sort of behaviours that brand all responsible shooters as the murderous rednecks the the lace panties at GCA would have the uninformed public believe we are.
:unknown:

Yep ... so much more I want to say but I'm a little drunk after memorial drinks and if I start I'll just get kicked off the forum so good on ya's fellas for calling this bullsh@t out!!!
:thumbsup: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 24 Oct 2018, 4:15 pm

Calf would have died that night and the farmer is a good mate and he would not care.Over the years I have removed dozens of sick dairy cattle from their properties.It was still wrong and I was lucky.I am a lot more careful now.A tennis buddy of mine let some guys on his block and they shot 3 black Angus thinking they were pigs.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 24 Oct 2018, 6:09 pm

This is my only property I am so carefull with every aspect of what i do the owner of the property puts me in his house when im there. I stock the fridge and cupboard and clean the house from head to toe before i leave. I dont take this property for granted as despite all my efforts it is my only property i have access to.

Darren the property owner made it very clear that he only allows family friends and his son to shoot on the property due to gates being left open and livestock loss.

This being said I encourage that all persons treat properties in the same manor. If we want to regain the trust of farmers and property owners we all need to do our bit to restore trust in the comunity.
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Oct 2018, 6:42 pm

Duncan61 mate throw that shovel away before the hole gets too deep and you can't get out :thumbsdown:
I replied to your post earlier about shooting that calf with tongue in cheek but reading your posts since it seems to me that you don't understand the
enormity of what wrongfully shooting stock on a property that you are a visitor, be it invited or uninvited :?
Even if the calf would have died its not up to you to kill it accidently or otherwise until you are asked to do so
So then as was said not informing the owner , taking the meat off the property is unlawful this I do know :thumbsdown: :silent:
Then there's the area of anti gun nuts reading this and using it for fodder to come back at gun users :thumbsdown:
Mate i'll give you a little friendly advice and I think most on here would agree with it '' be very careful of what you write on this forum as it could lead to more serious problems for you as what you have admitted to is unlawful '' period'' :crazy:
Keep in mind that many people from all walks of life , and maybe even legal professions are on this forum at any given time
Mate i'm sorry if you are offended by this post but I have said before on this forum I am straight down the line and say it as it is

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by duncan61 » 24 Oct 2018, 7:38 pm

Deal
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 25 Oct 2018, 7:55 am

AZZA'S HJ47 wrote:This is my only property I am so carefull with every aspect of what i do the owner of the property puts me in his house when im there. I stock the fridge and cupboard and clean the house from head to toe before i leave. I dont take this property for granted as despite all my efforts it is my only property i have access to.

Darren the property owner made it very clear that he only allows family friends and his son to shoot on the property due to gates being left open and livestock loss.

This being said I encourage that all persons treat properties in the same manor. If we want to regain the trust of farmers and property owners we all need to do our bit to restore trust in the comunity.

this is someone who does their part to show the good side of shooters !!!!
Good on ya Azza!! :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Oct 2018, 7:34 pm

Yonks ago I stopped spot lighting. Why. Because it’s often difficult to confirm the target. The risk of an accident or miss identifying must be higher in the dark.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 25 Oct 2018, 7:43 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Yonks ago I stopped spot lighting. Why. Because it’s often difficult to confirm the target. The risk of an accident or miss identifying must be higher in the dark.

I agree with you Oldbloke spotlighting is more risky however i have personally found that spotlighting at night always delivers more and ferals can be spotted alot easier in scrub just from the reflection of their eyes. However if you only shoot when you have 100% confirmed what it is that you are shooting at the rewards will easily outweigh the risk. :drinks:
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey