Hunting on hold

Game and varmint hunting. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Culling, hunting feral animals and vertebrate pest control.

Hunting on hold

Post by grandadbushy » 28 Nov 2018, 5:37 pm

This is what the area around me is like now for 50 klm in any direction
what a blow
fire fighters come from 100klm away it was out of hand for 4 days nearly got it beat thanks to many hands in evacuations and fighting fires :thumbsup:
Attachments
20181128_104755_2.jpg
20181128_104755_2.jpg (280.12 KiB) Viewed 771 times
20181128_100542.jpg
20181128_100542.jpg (220.51 KiB) Viewed 771 times
20181128_100237.jpg
20181128_100237.jpg (190.19 KiB) Viewed 771 times
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Re: Hunting on hold

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Nov 2018, 5:42 pm

Are you, family and home OK ?
Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: Better to load on the mild side. :o The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: "Often the written message doesn't convey all of the information"
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 28 Nov 2018, 5:43 pm

I was wondering if that fire was around your way grandad. .Inow ya need the rain so the pick comes up :thumbsup:
Good to hear its all under control now mate!
Sounds like the one down near rockie is gonna be bad to. :thumbsdown:
:drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 28 Nov 2018, 6:22 pm

Hope you came through OK Granddad.

Only ever had a grass fire around the house, nothing too serious, but scared the giblets out of me all the same. :thumbsup:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 28 Nov 2018, 6:39 pm

Frightening stuff, and so early in the season.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 28 Nov 2018, 6:53 pm

Yea scary stuff alrite...!!

Assume you're clan is all good Grandad...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

South Australia

Post by grandadbushy » 28 Nov 2018, 7:29 pm

Yes mates my family and house still good and thanks for your thoughts
Although I wished I could say the same for some others my heart goes out to them people they lost everything
Biggest we've had in 60yrs the fekken gov has a lot to answer for for stopping all the burn offs while its safe
The locals have been fighting for years to bring them back but the brains of the outfit knows best apparently
we locals have been expecting something like this but didn't expect it so big
Never had stuff like this when spot firing was being done
So far not a lot of stock has been lost scattered yes but they'll be retrieved soon enough once the recovery begins fences, yards ,sheds and so on
Anyway thanks for your concerns one and all

Cheers
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by grandadbushy » 28 Nov 2018, 7:37 pm

Yeah DB the one at Rocky is also a biggen apparently there's some fools refusing to go to safety maybe they should have seen our fires they might change their opinions
And yes once the rain comes the fires will be distant memory and the scars will be gone for but a few who have lost so much
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by marksman » 28 Nov 2018, 9:11 pm

it's pretty bad grandadbushy
I hope things get better for all of you guy's :drinks:
marksman
Major
Major

Victoria

Post by Bent Arrow » 28 Nov 2018, 9:30 pm

Glad to hear you didn't cop it too badly, never a nice thing to have a fire that close to home....
Bent Arrow
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Nov 2018, 9:38 pm

There's one big positive of surviving a fire like that Mate,,, the worry and fear of one coming won't bother you again for quite a while now.
Lives are the most important thing whereas possessions when lost are regrettable although in most cases can be regained.
Sad though with things that can't be replaced like photos etc.

Glad to hear you and yours are ok.
Cheers Mate :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 28 Nov 2018, 11:00 pm

Frustratingly, the greenies will now agree to controlled burning....next year...for a couple years maybe...and then this fire will be forgotten by those on the “official roundabout” and then someone will be outraged by “burn offs” and they’ll be shelved again...and so we continue....frustratingly.
Glad to hear of no injuries - guess the same can’t be said for the local game / stock.
Tikka T3 .260
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Webley .177
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06
TassieTiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by grandadbushy » 29 Nov 2018, 4:12 am

We've been through fires here almost every year but not to the extent of this one 7yrs of build up not allowed to maintain fire breaks which was normally done
This is why I sold my dozer because fire breaks were a thing of the past
Gov stopped all burn offs to control big fires no fire breaks and when we come to use them they weren't there dozers couldn't keep up
and in amongst all this you got the local members sitting in their aircon office feeding the media BS then there's the media on the spot getting in the fekken road
talking to people that are only sight seeing because all the firies and locals are out fighting the fires This fire has opened the locals eyes and I am pretty sure there is going to be a big back lash from this area towards both sides of gov people here have had enough of this dangerous BS
All the fires before for many years could and were controlled this one all we could do was try and save houses and people and a marvelous job was done by the boy
and girls
People were evacuated some thing I had never seen here before , I had evacuated people at my place with their animals until the ok was given to return
to their properties
It gets very frustrating when a disaster is developing before your eyes when you know most of it could have been avoided with some common sense
from Gov members
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 29 Nov 2018, 6:44 am

Unfortunately it will all be blamed on climate change and the govt will sweep the real reasons under.the carpet. Bunch of f@#kwits!! :thumbsdown:
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by JSS » 29 Nov 2018, 8:04 am

Glad to hear you and your family are all ok Grandad!! Bloody bush fires can be nasty bastards of things and can take absolutely everything you own in the blink of an eye. I really feel for everyone who gets hit by them, hopefully there's no more lives or property lost from these ones..

i can't believe there are freaks out there who actually go and start bush fires on purpose........they need to be strung up by the balls
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by grandadbushy » 30 Nov 2018, 8:39 am

One of the worst things that happened whilst all the drama with the fire was happening was the BIGKNOBS
in their wisdom shut our mobile phone towers down and this was the only way most of the fire crews could communicate with each other
as only the major trucks had radios crews couldn't relay the where abouts of fire outbreaks and where they themselves were people couldn't ring for assistance basically
stopping progress in fighting the fires and evacuating people that wanted to go but had no transport
The report was that they shut them down to only allow emergency calls through but the only people with the number was pollies ,head office ,media, all the
people not on the ground with this in some cases with no info it became a case of stay alive for fire crews because this country is rough and it is hard to see if a fire is
trapping you in a valley
It won't be long before the back patting starts by the gov of how well they've done and what they've done for the people even last night on our local news
our premier Anna Pile of S h@t said '' We managed to save Gracemere '' the people fire crews paid and volunteers not her she couldn't even pass up a chance to promote herself on the back of a disaster ''Shame on her and her promoters''
Didn't see any pollies up here fighting fires yet they take the credit for doing so in one way shape or form :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by grandadbushy » 30 Nov 2018, 8:58 am

The smoke's starting to clear where we are the last 4 days we couldn't see the trees in the back ground
Attachments
Pic_1130_089.jpg
Pic_1130_089.jpg (83.49 KiB) Viewed 472 times
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 30 Nov 2018, 9:22 am

I woke up tuis morning to the view below. .not sure if the phone will capture the cloud but the bush out around mutchilba has gone up (30 odd ks away so no threat to us yet) may be an interesting weekend. :unknown: :drinks:

1543533593301-1190962878.jpg
1543533593301-1190962878.jpg (496.6 KiB) Viewed 469 times

I know its upside down but usually by this time of day that sky should be bright blue!.
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Next

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and varminting