What is your favorite gun to use when hunting state forests?

Game and varmint hunting. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Culling, hunting feral animals and vertebrate pest control.

Re: What is your favorite gun to use when hunting state fore

Post by bladeracer » 13 Dec 2018, 3:03 pm

grandadbushy wrote:I still use bike tube strips , forked stick with pouch, 200gr blue metal rock or road gravel peddles
Commonly known as sling shot or in Australian slang a ''Shangi''

Where I grew up it was a "ging" :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deanp100 » 13 Dec 2018, 4:28 pm

bigrich wrote:Achtung herr dumbkoffs. I use gud German made MG42. 8x57 ,1400 rounds per minute. I borrow it from my gud uncle Herman. That’s right, Herman the German . Its only slightly used third Reich surplus. Uncle Herman moved here in 1946 from Argentina. And you fools! You going about hunting cute little bunny wabbits the wrong way. You use flamenwerffer ( flame thrower) when zey are still in their burrows . Liddle bunnies pre cooked . Ist good hunting ja?

That must have been the Hurtgen State Forest.
Last edited by deanp100 on 13 Dec 2018, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 13 Dec 2018, 4:39 pm

grandadbushy wrote:I still use bike tube strips , forked stick with pouch, 200gr blue metal rock or road gravel peddles
Commonly known as sling shot or in Australian slang a ''Shangi''

now grandad, is your shanghi made to australian standards ? is it workshop health and saftey compliant ? do you fill out your risk assessment forms before you fire it ? and are the projectiles bio-degradable ? what a wonderful world we live in hey ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by Bill » 13 Dec 2018, 5:14 pm

BLR 358, no quicker or quieter action available. Game over lol
Bill
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 13 Dec 2018, 7:31 pm

bigrich wrote:now grandad, is your shanghi made to australian standards ? is it workshop health and saftey compliant ? do you fill out your risk assessment forms before you fire it ? and are the projectiles bio-degradable ? what a wonderful world we live in hey ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:

Not a problem down here where slingshots are illegal.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 13 Dec 2018, 8:39 pm

bladeracer wrote:
bigrich wrote:now grandad, is your shanghi made to australian standards ? is it workshop health and saftey compliant ? do you fill out your risk assessment forms before you fire it ? and are the projectiles bio-degradable ? what a wonderful world we live in hey ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:

slingshots illegal :o hows a teenage kid supposed to get up to mischeif if they can't have a slingshot :unknown:
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by Diamond Jim » 13 Dec 2018, 11:54 pm

Wot Bruiser said! I'm also from WA. No hunting in State Forests here.
Diamond Jim
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 14 Dec 2018, 12:27 am

bigrich wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

slingshots illegal :o hows a teenage kid supposed to get up to mischeif if they can't have a slingshot :unknown:

Jesus bigrich,
when did something being illegal mean you couldn't have it?
This is 'Straya, 'ave a go ya mug, eh?
:D
:drinks:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major

New South Wales

Post by grandadbushy » 14 Dec 2018, 1:18 am

Yeah bigrich all compliant as far as I know safety all good no sharp edges no split timber on fork projectiles all bio-degradable can't back fire and
don't carry ammo in pouch until I shoot mighty dangerous to have one go off accidently big bruise along the thumb :thumbsup: :D
And the take five is now take twenty at my age takes 10 to focus on the fine print :thumbsup: :lol:

And yeah bladeracer I've heard of them being called a ''ging'' haven't seen mine for about 35yrs my eldest boy used to play with it
I made it when I was about 11-12 and i'm 64 now kept it all these years if the boys haven't lost it
I think she'd be stuffed by now but my youngest son has one and we use it now plenty of fun knocking tins over
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 14 Dec 2018, 4:31 am

grandadbushy wrote:Yeah bigrich all compliant as far as I know safety all good no sharp edges no split timber on fork projectiles all bio-degradable can't back fire and
don't carry ammo in pouch until I shoot mighty dangerous to have one go off accidently big bruise along the thumb :thumbsup: :D
And the take five is now take twenty at my age takes 10 to focus on the fine print :thumbsup: :lol:

And yeah bladeracer I've heard of them being called a ''ging'' haven't seen mine for about 35yrs my eldest boy used to play with it
I made it when I was about 11-12 and i'm 64 now kept it all these years if the boys haven't lost it
I think she'd be stuffed by now but my youngest son has one and we use it now plenty of fun knocking tins over

Do you have a permit for knocking over tins mate :lol:
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by AusTac » 14 Dec 2018, 5:26 am

My break single shot 500 s&wmag light as but packs a punch
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Captain
Captain

-

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Dec 2018, 1:31 pm

I like my 65mm potato cannon.
3 cans hairspray or similar, some decent Kennebecs and a bbq igniter and “whoooomp”...100m plus range scares the sh*t out of most unsuspecting things.

*hse caveat. Tas does not condone or support the use of home made cannons that have the ability to...well...explode...
And besides - potatoes being fired over 100m renders them useless for chips and I do not support wasting food either.
Tikka T3 .260
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Webley .177
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06
TassieTiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by brett1868 » 14 Dec 2018, 1:40 pm

pomemax wrote:The one in my hand

Thought you had the snip and blanks have proved to be ineffective.... :lol:
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 14 Dec 2018, 1:42 pm

AusTac wrote:My break single shot 500 s&wmag light as but packs a punch

From personal experience I can state that much of that punch is directed to your shoulder :lol:

Dishes done = Check
Bed made = Check
Daily stalking of Austac = Check
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

New South Wales

Post by grandadbushy » 14 Dec 2018, 6:35 pm

No bigrich what would that permit come under ''feral animal'' ''exotic species'' or ''endangered species'' seeing as it's tin and most things today are plastic :? ;) :(
I suppose i'll have to get a permit for removing stones for ammo from the gravel pit as well :wtf: :shock: :?
Geez I thought I had it sorted and now I find i'm doing things illegally , god help me ! ( not sure he can help thought ) :thumbsup: :lol:
When will it ever end seems like we're gonna have to carry a bottle of Vaseline on our person to relieve the pain from the governments
daily shafting :shock: :crazy: :crazy: :silent:
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 15 Dec 2018, 6:34 am

i think i will go see my uncle "herman the german"( migrated here in 1946 from argentina ) and get a loan of his plinker mp40 sub machine gun for state forest hunting. the mg42 is too heavy to carry. it's great set up over a rabbit warren , but the ammo belts get caught up in the scrub. if i get lazy i could always find a game trail and set land mines . :lol:

DISCLAIMER- the above statement is intended as a joke and to p!ss off any spies on this site. have a nice day :D
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Dec 2018, 7:19 am

I'd go the 100cal grenade launcher with lasso attachment, it's good for birds out too 1000km which will come in handy in a state forest.
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by grandadbushy » 15 Dec 2018, 9:03 am

Geez now bigrich you and bigfellascott are making me envious because we're no even allowed to have a dog in our state forests up here
nothing no hunting no shooting at all and signs everywhere saying '' Do not walk off track'' yet ferals everywhere and by night destroying crops
killing domestic animals you name it :shock: :roll:
Wish I had a ''Uncle Herman'' :thumbsup: :D :lol:
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and varminting