How did someone not get shot in this hunting video ?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: How did someone not get shot in this hunting video ?

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Mar 2019, 11:36 am

grandadbushy wrote:Yes he was pissed and when you put it into its perspective he is capable of bringing down a full grown buffalo
nah mate not for me i'd be that little dust cloud one would see in the distance passing everything as if they were standing still

The problem is when you do that you are infact the one it will home in on as they are hunters after all and all their instincts are to chase so you running means you get to become Cecil Sausages :D

And sadly our instinct is to run so we are really fooked :lol:

I just wanted this video on youtube, FMD Lions are tough mothers no doubt about it, 4 arrows and then had to be shot by the PH as it was playing dead and when they approached it the bastard jumped up! :lol: that would have been a jock filling experience no doubt too.

I'll stick to hunting foxes and bunnies and pigs/deer/goats etc, I'm not scared of them :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLrgQnIjI4k
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by grandadbushy » 15 Mar 2019, 11:49 am

Yeah BFS for some reason i can't get that link i don't know why :shock:
But being scared of things i had a mate who was terrified of frogs the reason was he maintained the had fangs and as you do you belittle them and laugh ya guts out at your mates expense :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
All was well until one day we were watching a doco at his place and on it it had a big frog from Africa or somewhere and there it was a frog with two long sharp teeth in the front of its mouth like fangs mate!,he still haven't let me live it down feken frog with teeth who would have thought :o :silent:
grandadbushy
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Queensland

Post by marksman » 15 Mar 2019, 12:48 pm

TassieTiger wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wMguyWQYZs
I really wish the lion had have got hold of one of these tossers...properly like.
How someone did not get shot in the obvious panic - luck ?

totally agree, very very lucky nobody got shot in the obvious panic
it could have been a very different ending, this is just a total farkup
the shooter was not up to the shot and the backup was poor from the pro hunter :thumbsdown:
what happened after the bad shot and bad backup shot is because of this
very lucky nobody got shot

the incident shown in the link bigfellascott put up shows how backup is supposed to happen with a decent professional guide
but what farkwit would believe that putting an arrow into a lion will be an instant finishing shot :crazy: :unknown:
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 15 Mar 2019, 1:14 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
BangBangSkeetSkeet wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Assuming you were in the position what would you of done? it's a simple question.

The incident was driven by a very poor initial shot taken whilst the lion was moving, and a poor response to the back up shot.
So simple answer... maybe not take the shot in the first place while the lion was moving. Maybe exercise a little restraint and wait until a better opportunity presents itself so I could better ensure a bang flop. I think it was Ghandi who said it best: Don't start nothin, won't be nothin.

Not a single poster here questioned their courage in the face of that charge, and no-one big-noted themselves alleging any heroics of their own.. Most just agreed they wouldn't have done what they did which led to what happened. And I think most would agree that video just needed the Benny Hill music :D

So why all the anger and namecalling bigfellascott? R U OK?

Again what would you have done if you were the in the position? It's a simple question, you've mufffed the shot and now you have to react to the situation so what would you have done?

Bigfella...you've called me a cupcake & asking others what they would do, yet seem to be ignoring me now...whats up with that...? :unknown:

Tell me what would you have done...its a simple question... :unknown:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Brigadier
Brigadier

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Mar 2019, 1:41 pm

I thought he was calling me a cupcake and a keyboard warrior...which is ironic to say the least given the responses since then lol.
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06 (Dud!!!)
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by bigrich » 15 Mar 2019, 1:47 pm

Where’s my bloody cup cakes ! My camomile tea is getting cold .....
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Stix » 15 Mar 2019, 3:01 pm

TassieTiger wrote:I thought he was calling me a cupcake and a keyboard warrior...which is ironic to say the least given the responses since then lol.

Well im the one who said i found the vid disturbing to watch...so i gather im the cupcake...& unlike myself, he's responded to you... :unknown:

bigrich wrote:Where’s my bloody cup cakes ! My camomile tea is getting cold .....

I want the pink ones... :D
I really do like strawberry...!!
Nothing like a home made thickshake with vanilla icecream & a good shovel of strawberry quick... :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Brigadier
Brigadier

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Mar 2019, 3:16 pm

Missus made these ?
Attachments
24A23968-B998-45F6-8A51-46A38AD3EB14.jpeg
24A23968-B998-45F6-8A51-46A38AD3EB14.jpeg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 207 times
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by BangBangSkeetSkeet » 15 Mar 2019, 4:27 pm

wait just a minute... Stix, if you are the cupcake, and Tassie is the keyboard warrior, does that mean I must be the one running off with my arms flailing in the air like a soft cock?
cos I'm not gunna lie fellas, if i had put myself in that position i probably would have jumped behind the biggest fella i could find and screamed "eat the big one, eat the big one!"
My choice is what I choose to do, and if I'm causing no harm why should it bother you?
Your choice is who choose to be, and if you're causing no harm then you're alright with me
BangBangSkeetSkeet
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by CrackThump » 15 Mar 2019, 4:33 pm

BangBangSkeetSkeet wrote:cos I'm not gunna lie fellas, if i had put myself in that position i probably would have jumped behind the biggest fella i could find and screamed "eat the big one, eat the big one!"

Find the fella nearest to you, crack him hard in the kneecap with your buttstock and then leg it. .. at least this way theres ONE person slower than you. #win

Before I start ranting about "Glory Hunting". Does anyone know if lions are vermin or officially culled in Sarth Effrika.? ( I dunno, they all sounded a bit sarth effriken to me)
Last edited by CrackThump on 15 Mar 2019, 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CrackThump
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by bigrich » 15 Mar 2019, 4:34 pm

BangBangSkeetSkeet wrote:wait just a minute... Stix, if you are the cupcake, and Tassie is the keyboard warrior, does that mean I must be the one running off with my arms flailing in the air like a soft cock?
cos I'm not gunna lie fellas, if i had put myself in that position i probably would have jumped behind the biggest fella i could find and screamed "eat the big one, eat the big one!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by tom604 » 15 Mar 2019, 5:35 pm

jeez don't any of you work :unknown: i post one reply last night and everyone's getting on the cup cake band wagon :lol: stixy no one called you a cup cake,, that's tassie's call sign :allegedly: but i could just be stirring the pot :lol: but this is what i would of done,,1-not gone shooting a lion in the first place 2- if i had and stuffed up the shot after paying a huge amount of money to be the one to kill said lion i would of wanted to finish the job ,,right about up to the time that it started to charge then i would of wanted the guide to kill it for me but right up to that moment i would of wanted to be the one to do it,,after all i paid the money and the supplier of said lion wouldn't want a bad review so the guide would of had his instructions to let the client have the kill,,it was most likely a trophy hunt and while not my cup of tea it was legal and things can go teats up in a heartbeat,,,sooo what would you have done? :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

i so want someone to say they would of eaten a cupcake :lol: :lol: :lol:
tom604
Captain
Captain

South Australia

Post by Stix » 15 Mar 2019, 6:25 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Missus made these ?

Tas...are you whipped mate... :unknown:

I mean whats the go with that icing man...its all uneven... :unknown:

Thats just not on...!!...you need to sort her out mate...pull her into line bud...!! :?

I hope you dont load your ammo looking like that...all pink & lop-sided... :problem:

(please dont show her this...if i ever get over there i dont want to be greeted with a wrotten pink cupcake to the face when she opens the door... :silent: )

CrackThump wrote:
BangBangSkeetSkeet wrote:cos I'm not gunna lie fellas, if i had put myself in that position i probably would have jumped behind the biggest fella i could find and screamed "eat the big one, eat the big one!"

Find the fella nearest to you, crack him hard in the kneecap with your buttstock and then leg it. .. at least this way theres ONE person slower than you. #win

Before I start ranting about "Glory Hunting". Does anyone know if lions are vermin or officially culled in Sarth Effrika.? ( I dunno, they all sounded a bit sarth effriken to me)

Ah see...crackthump--if i ever go trophy hunting dangerous game, i want you next to me mate...Predators like that are attracted to the fast moving victims--ill lay still & quiet as i possibly can while watching the lion chase you across the paddock...mind you the quiet will be hard from my laughing at you ninja style duck/weave moves... :lol:

BangBangSkeetSkeet wrote:wait just a minute... Stix, if you are the cupcake, and Tassie is the keyboard warrior, does that mean I must be the one running off with my arms flailing in the air like a soft cock?

:lol:

:drinks:
Stix
Brigadier
Brigadier

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Mar 2019, 6:46 pm

Stix wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:Missus made these ?

Tas...are you whipped mate... :unknown:

I mean whats the go with that icing man...its all uneven... :unknown:

Thats just not on...!!...you need to sort her out mate...pull her into line bud...!! :?

:drinks:

Mate - I’m Not telling her...1/2 of one of these cupcakes and you’ll be hunting unicorns lol wink wink.
Last time I argued with her, she told me I was right and that I should have a lie down and have a sleep...scared craps outta me!
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by JSS » 17 Mar 2019, 7:58 am

CrackThump wrote:

No they're not vermin and the only ones these heros are allowed to hunt are raised on certain reserves by & around people specifically to be hunted, so they are completely desensitized to people and not really as wild as you would think, which is why tools like the ones in the video can get so close to them in the first place. Big bad game hunters....ha what a joke.

Shame the lion didn't rip all their f***ing arms off.
JSS
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 17 Mar 2019, 9:57 pm

I am of the understanding that there are pest lions that are causing problems as they are males that take on the Alpha male and loose the fight now they could be wounded and start to predate on local villagers and or livestock.There natural range is limited so a destruction permit is issued and Safari operators can put a trophy hunter on to it.It can cost as much as $30,000 USD and a fair portion of the money is put back in the local economy.I rewatched this clip on my I pad so I could have headphones and listen to it.The guide called for him to not take the first shot which created the rest of the drama.Lions are soft skinned and anything bigger than .375 H&H would do massive damage if shot front on in the chest.Game is managed in Africa and most of the big 5 are managed.I worked with a bloke who did a hunt for African leopard that was causing problems.Big cats are territorial and not hard to find.Like Bengal tigers once they find out how easy humans are to kill and eat they will predate on us.It is not something I wish to do but some do
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Major
Major

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Mar 2019, 4:57 am

This ones a beauty - and it went down with only 2 shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlYSKY6lq9U
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Mar 2019, 4:59 am

I'd like to shoot one of these myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vWRoH7pzG8
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey