How did someone not get shot in this hunting video ?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: How did someone not get shot in this hunting video ?

Post by Stix » 14 Mar 2019, 11:43 pm

Cup cakes..ffs. :roll: whatever...
Whilst i get where youre coming from, maybe watch the video again but wipe the s**t outa your eyes first...! :D

But for me, firstly i aint ever hunted or even seen lions in the wild...but one look at the cats body language first up in that film & youre a fool if you think youre out for a bit of bird watching like your retard mates in the film seem to think that was when they toddle off in casual pursuit...!!...!!

Then...after the first shot (a fukn stupid shot that clearly came from anxiety with a rushed hesitation, & was probably taken with his heart pounding & thus jumping about like trying to poke his head into the spokes of a moving wheel), the cat hits the deck & gets back up again....so where the hell is a follow up ffs...and another & another...seriously a one armed guy with his hand tied behind his back carrying a single shot could get a follow up quicker than those buffoon friends of yours in that film even thought about chambering another round...!!!, & that would be after he made a round of cuppa's & cooled them off to serve as iced bloody tea...!!!

Seriously, what were they doing after the first shot & the cat got back up...?...wondering when the married mutton on bold & the beautiful is going to get caught bangin her nephew. :unknown: ... :roll:

How far did the cat run before the next shot...& by the way Kermi, the cat wasnt running when it hit the deck...nor was it running when it got up & stood there wondering what the hell happened...!!
It should have had another one or 2 in it while it was standing there...period...that guide (or who ever is supposed to be the "experienced one" is a fwit as far as im concerned.. :roll:

Idiots they are...that is a clear case of complacency & lack of respect for the animal they were taunting...& they were harrassing that cat before they covered the countryside with lead...if they werent they'd have shot it first up...!!!

Maybe go out with youre retard mates in this film & ask them to be as blatently stupid as they were here & put your life in danger, you know, so if you survive you can all high five each other just after you all wire yourselves in series to the nearest defib machine... :roll:

:D
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by Stix » 14 Mar 2019, 11:56 pm

Strawberry icing please...!!

(bloody cupcakes... fair dinkum... :roll: )

On ya...!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 15 Mar 2019, 5:06 am

I’ve missed some shots on stuff that hasn’t bin trying to eat me because of high heart rate and adrenaline. Similar shots I’ve made since have been one shot kills, a bit more experience made a difference. I think the first shot was a rushed poor shot, I can understand the subsequent panic as the hunters were being charged. But that video was not a good look, and something the anti’s would love to use against hunting and shooting enthusiasts. I think the main reason for the “high five “ at the end was that they were still alive . Stop all that talk about cup-cakes too stix, ya making me hungry, I want silver frosting and hundreds and thousands on mine thanks :lol:

:drinks: :drinks: :lol:
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Mar 2019, 5:20 am

grandadbushy wrote:Nah i get it to BFS i was in a similar position a few years ago against my better judgement i took two blokes to find a scrub bull so they could collect his horns
I knew where he was but it was heavy lantanna country and hilly , we finally tracked him down and one of the blokes shot and killed him i went down and checked he was dead so i poked him with my 30-30 and nothing all good i turned to wave the other blokes to come down then all of a sudden all hell erupted a big yellow bull hit me and lifted me and as i hit the trees i managed to get a shot into his shoulder then i new i couldn't get away i dodged him around and around two large trees and in my mind every now and then i remember hearing pop, pop by then i had another shot at his head and connected, end of him when the other blokes came down ''white as''then i asked why they hadn't shot the thing when possible they said they had but couldn't get a killer shot because every time they tried my head popped up so they took what shot they could hoping to slow it down, so as with the lion the angle of the shots most likely were placed and managed shots and taken when it allowed
probably a little rushed but hey we're talking seconds here and you don't get time to analize the situation as you would watching it again on vidieo nasty position to be in and yes they may have done a few things not proper but all ended well
By the way the bull that got me was tipped by who i don't know usually when they tip their horns they brand them but this one was a clean skin no brand and i had shot him twice and they had hit him three times 5 all up all within maybe 20sec or so and boy was i bruised up some

Lucky man GDB that could of easily ended up in a new home underground! :D I don't think a lot of people realise the real difference between hunting something that won't ever try and kill you compared to something that most definitely will try and kill you if it goes tits up and that's my point, we can shoot something here and 99% of the time it won't really present much of a threat to you if it does go tits up, when you hunt things like Lyons, Buff, Elephants. bears etc there is a real good chance they may well charge at you if it does go tits up and then the only thing you can do is what these people in the vid did and you and your mates did and that's send lead down range real fast to try and bring the threat to an end.

May not be the best option but it's pretty much the only one I can see! :drinks:

P.S. I'll bet the jocks took some extra cleaning to see em right :D
bigfellascott
General
General

-

Post by BangBangSkeetSkeet » 15 Mar 2019, 7:32 am

bigfellascott wrote:Assuming you were in the position what would you of done? it's a simple question.

The incident was driven by a very poor initial shot taken whilst the lion was moving, and a poor response to the back up shot.
So simple answer... maybe not take the shot in the first place while the lion was moving. Maybe exercise a little restraint and wait until a better opportunity presents itself so I could better ensure a bang flop. I think it was Ghandi who said it best: Don't start nothin, won't be nothin.

Not a single poster here questioned their courage in the face of that charge, and no-one big-noted themselves alleging any heroics of their own.. Most just agreed they wouldn't have done what they did which led to what happened. And I think most would agree that video just needed the Benny Hill music :D

So why all the anger and namecalling bigfellascott? R U OK?
My choice is what I choose to do, and if I'm causing no harm why should it bother you?
Your choice is who choose to be, and if you're causing no harm then you're alright with me
BangBangSkeetSkeet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 15 Mar 2019, 7:36 am

That instance where they are being charged by the lion is a good argument for the usefulness of a large caliber semi auto or a 45-70 lever gun at the very least. Geez GDB , you’re lucky. Or were you trying to combine hunting and rodeo at the same time ;)

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 15 Mar 2019, 7:38 am

Yeah BB, some benny hill music wouldn’t have gone astray :lol:
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Mar 2019, 8:06 am

BangBangSkeetSkeet wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Assuming you were in the position what would you of done? it's a simple question.

The incident was driven by a very poor initial shot taken whilst the lion was moving, and a poor response to the back up shot.
So simple answer... maybe not take the shot in the first place while the lion was moving. Maybe exercise a little restraint and wait until a better opportunity presents itself so I could better ensure a bang flop. I think it was Ghandi who said it best: Don't start nothin, won't be nothin.

Not a single poster here questioned their courage in the face of that charge, and no-one big-noted themselves alleging any heroics of their own.. Most just agreed they wouldn't have done what they did which led to what happened. And I think most would agree that video just needed the Benny Hill music :D

So why all the anger and namecalling bigfellascott? R U OK?

Again what would you have done if you were the in the position? It's a simple question, you've mufffed the shot and now you have to react to the situation so what would you have done?
bigfellascott
General
General

-

Post by Daddybang » 15 Mar 2019, 8:08 am

Hey bigfella ya gotta get up this way and I'll take ya out and show ya how many animals are in the scrub that are every bit as dangerous as a a.lion. a pissed off brumby stallion coming out of the Bush at ya has a fair pucker factor. :lol: :friends: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Mar 2019, 10:05 am

Daddybang wrote:Hey bigfella ya gotta get up this way and I'll take ya out and show ya how many animals are in the scrub that are every bit as dangerous as a a.lion. a pissed off brumby stallion coming out of the Bush at ya has a fair pucker factor. :lol: :friends: :drinks:

Yeah no doubt it would be :D what do ya do when it happens do ya run and hide or do you stand your ground a start shootin till it drops.
bigfellascott
General
General

-

Post by grandadbushy » 15 Mar 2019, 10:19 am

G'day BFS nah my jocks were clean mainly because my arse was puckered up that tight trying to keep away from the mongrel you know its an awsome feeling to be able to reach around a tree and feel the head of a beast and the power its transmitting while its trying to kill you i'd give my left nut to know what was going through the minds of those lion hunters while that lion was charging and the sounds it was making
We all know things like this will always happen whilst you have hunters willing to push the limits of hunting '' not saying it's right''but it gives some a buzz which tends to limit their common sense putting them in danger and that hunt was destined to be complicated from the start by not shooting the lion at first side on after the indecissive manner of the guide
grandadbushy
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 15 Mar 2019, 10:21 am

Generally I look for a tree or similar to put between us then I shoot but everyone cooks there curry different!! :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 15 Mar 2019, 10:23 am

grandadbushy wrote:that hunt was destined to be complicated from the start by not shooting the lion at first side on after the indecissive manner of the guide

Yep :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by grandadbushy » 15 Mar 2019, 10:25 am

Nah Bigrich no rodeo there tree climbing would be more to the point it's lucky it was back when i could move a bit faster not like now with two reconditioned knee's
grandadbushy
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Mar 2019, 10:33 am

grandadbushy wrote:G'day BFS nah my jocks were clean mainly because my arse was puckered up that tight trying to keep away from the mongrel you know its an awsome feeling to be able to reach around a tree and feel the head of a beast and the power its transmitting while its trying to kill you i'd give my left nut to know what was going through the minds of those lion hunters while that lion was charging and the sounds it was making
We all know things like this will always happen whilst you have hunters willing to push the limits of hunting '' not saying it's right''but it gives some a buzz which tends to limit their common sense putting them in danger and that hunt was destined to be complicated from the start by not shooting the lion at first side on after the indecissive manner of the guide

Yes you must have been filled with adrenalin for sure, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in that position :D

Yeah I think the guide was wanting the perfect shot so not to have that particular situation happen, anyway no ones perfect and it's a good way to see just how bad things can go wrong and how quick and what's needed to deal with it.

I reckon they were thinking OH FARK! :lol: seriously though they handled the situation as best they could under the circumstances and luckily no one got killed other than Cecil that is, lucky for them as they could have been Cecil Sausages :lol: :drinks:
bigfellascott
General
General

-

Post by grandadbushy » 15 Mar 2019, 10:56 am

Yep i think they had the feeling of trying to put a bolt into a square hole
grandadbushy
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Mar 2019, 11:15 am

grandadbushy wrote:Yep i think they had the feeling of trying to put a bolt into a square hole

:lol: it certainly wouldn't have been a real good feeling when it all went down and you can see how happy they were when it was over and they survived without any injuries or loss of life, I'd be high fivin too and drinkin 20,000 beers afterwards thanking my lucky stars I could :D

They did well considering the trying conditions, I'm not sure I would have been so calm (even though I'm sure their not either) - ol Cecil sure was pissed off and rightly so :lol:
bigfellascott
General
General

-

Post by grandadbushy » 15 Mar 2019, 11:24 am

Yes he was pissed and when you put it into its perspective he is capable of bringing down a full grown buffalo
nah mate not for me i'd be that little dust cloud one would see in the distance passing everything as if they were standing still
grandadbushy
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey