New R licence system NSW question

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

New R licence system NSW question

Post by TwoFortyTree » 11 Feb 2014, 5:36 pm

Hi guys feel bad asking but i need help in getting my R licence for NSW.

As some of you may, or may not know, Barry O'farrel our NSW state Premier disolved the NSW game council last June and with it suspended all hunting on public lands in NSW.

Now, the problem i have is this; last year around May i completed the R licence test through the SSAA to which im a member. I sent my completed application form and accreditation to the game council for processing. Two days after Bazza disolved the council. They, the game council, rang me and ask if i wanted to go through with the application (75 bucks, which in heindsight, i should of ) but the girl told me that she wasn't sure if they were keeping their jobs... Basically no one knew wtf was going on, so i said no (idiot) but at the time it seemed logical.

But now that everthing is back to normal i need to get my R licence ASAP before April rolls around for deer season.

Heres the gambit though, my family moved house in August last year and my accreditation was lost in the move...
The game council tells me the accreditation is still valid and if can get it, find it, send it back in they will process it. The next nail in the coffin for me is this, i rang the SSAA (spoke to Robert) he tells me they shredded some of / all of their accreditations from previous years becuase of the move by Bazza.

So if Robert cant find my accreditations i need to do the whole thing again, but guess what? The SSAA had their training licence revoked and can no longer train members for the R licence exam. Next s**t part is that according to the new DPI, hunting web site, i need to complete the exam via a registered hunting organisation...

Short story is im f***ed boys.. Any ideas or any organisations i can contact in the Newcastle area.
TwoFortyTree
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: New R licence system NSW question

Post by Harper » 13 Feb 2014, 9:35 am

NSW shooting is a dogs breakfast this last year or two.

A couple of promising starts like opening hunting in national parks, then without fail they get snatched away from you blokes :(

No advice sorry, but I feel for your crappy situation down there.
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Post by Yelp » 13 Feb 2014, 9:57 am

Don't know anyone in your area sorry.

Your local SSAA boys can't put you onto anyone?

If anyone would know I'd think it would be them.
Yelp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bourt » 13 Feb 2014, 4:36 pm

You could try giving Inland Hunting Properties a call.

They have tonnes of hunting properties listed all over NSW and a few of them say you gotta be a member of a hunting club.

Contact details on the page there, they'd know a few registered hunting organisations for sure.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TwoFortyTree » 13 Feb 2014, 4:51 pm

Thanks for the reply guys.

Update in the problem, the SSAA managed to track down my accreditation and email it to me. I sent all the required info off to the new game council, now its just a waiting game to see if i get approved. They say upto 20 business days for processing, guess ill just widdle my thumbs for a bit.

As for inland hunting properties ive heard some things about it that turn alot of shooters off of it. Things like too expensive and no animals etc.

So the other thing i have learnt is that, ALL the ATO's in NSW have had their training licences revoked. No one knows how long until they will get it back so if your looking to get your r licence in NSW it could be a long wait. The lady at the game council told me they have a mountain of work to sort out before they can move to create more work for themselves.
TwoFortyTree
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by chacka » 13 Feb 2014, 5:13 pm

Good news that they found your accreditation then :D
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by rhino85 » 24 Feb 2014, 8:22 pm

Mate I'm having massive issues with the new licensing set up , I sent my renewal the day after they declared hunting open I've rang numerous times with no answer, I got through over 2 weeks ago they had received my renewal.

I rang again today to see when it will be issued this is what I was told " the dpi has not got authorization to renew or issue new r-licenses at the moment " there is no time frame for this and once they are given the go ahead the will process these ASAP.

I have been speaking to a couple mates they are having problems as well with one being told no licenses will be issued re issued until July 2014.

The other one rang last week to confirm that renewal has been received was told it has been , he rang today to see where it was up to and has been told that they do not have his renewal anywhere they were supposed to call back and guess what no call back ,he has rang 5 times this afternoon with no answer.

All I can say is good luck to everyone because even now that it's a government org running it, it's the same incompetent office people from the game council now in the DPI office.
rhino85
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Norton » 25 Feb 2014, 7:15 am

It's a dogs breakfast there at the moment for sure.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey