Duck hunting close to being banned in Vic ?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Duck hunting close to being banned in Vic ?

Post by TassieTiger » 13 Aug 2019, 5:44 am

I know nothing of the national shooting council in this country - but recently I received an email advising of their attempts to curb political agenda...
whilst reading through their site - I came across this gem.
https://nationalshooting.org.au/blog/f/ ... protesters
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Re: Duck hunting close to being banned in Vic ?

Post by bigfellascott » 13 Aug 2019, 8:18 am

Every season there seems to be a push to shut it down. I'm sure eventually some weak-kneed gov't will cave into the animal libbers (hopefully not) but we know what politicians are like - they go where the votes are that simple!
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: Duck hunting close to being banned in Vic ?

Post by cadet » 13 Aug 2019, 3:24 pm

Hard to say; people have been trying for years, but it's looking more political now. On the one hand, MLCs horsetrading for votes in the LC with animal rights fundamentalists is a worry; however, it'd also need to pass the LA; and if it's numbers of the voting public, there's tens of thousands committed enough to duck hunting to go through the cost and embuggerance of various licences, passing WITs, getting compliant storage etc; while considerably fewer have gone to the trouble of even clicking "like" on CADS facebook page; and I think more of the voting public are starting to wake up to how dangerously unhinged animal rights activists are. Flirting with the animal rights agenda could be very politically costly.

Then there's Meddick's past extra-curricular activities, which may yet see him in deep shyte...

I may well commit civil disobedience if it goes through.
cadet
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey