Doggers castarating boars

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Doggers castarating boars

Post by Stix » 01 Nov 2019, 10:08 pm

A chat about castrating pigs eh.. :problem:

.I wish the good for nothin ex pig my daughter once took in had his nuts slashed & tossed into the fire before she met him... :huh:

8-)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 02 Nov 2019, 3:38 pm

That practice used to be common place during the 70s and 80s
For a while there they were certainly getting some humungous barrows.
As for those who did it, I cannot offer any reasonings

It seemed to have died out until now that is.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 02 Nov 2019, 4:04 pm

First time I saw it was my first time dogging ....with some teenage kids. They did it own their own farm when they should have just despatched it. When I asked why they were doing it they said to make it grow big and fat so they can catch a big pig down the track
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Am88 » 04 Nov 2019, 9:11 am

Yes Am88 happens a lot where I live to if the farmers knew the culprits they would loose their nuts to or wouldn't be let back on to the property nearly all piggers here don't harm the smaller pigs or piglets but I've never let one go in my time over the years anything good enough to eat got ate the rest went to the crows but most farmers know it goes on but it's hard to control you'd have to be with the pigger to really know they are doing it unless you find freshly cut suckers after someone had just been on your property which would be a fluke almost zero chance of that happening

Same here. I didn't mention that, Ive also been dogging when I haven't had a rifle with me, and all four dogs hit up the one big Boar and leave the other sows and suckers alone to roam off freely, drives me nuts, all they want now is to put photo's of the biggest pigs they can on instagram or facebook to show how good of a hunter they are, knowing that the rest of the bloody mob that was with it are now off back doing what they do. Dog Followers I call em :lol:
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey