Night Time Chital

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Night Time Chital

Post by Am88 » 27 Nov 2019, 8:20 am

Curious if anyone else does this, in QLD Chital are a pest, so spotlighting is not illegal practice, however we used to just spotlight, now we have moved to torches and walking through the scrub after spotting eye shine from a distance. Still shot for meat of course but one advantage for me, is schedule, I'm generally very busy during the days and more relaxed at night, so it's great to get a night where I get to go with my mates as with their kids too they are busy during the day and come only come at night. Another advantage of course, the lovely NQ heat.
Attachments
Stag 1.jpg
Stag 1.jpg (329.03 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
Chital 2.jpg
Chital 2.jpg (523.15 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
Chital 1.jpg
Chital 1.jpg (351.31 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Night Time Chital

Post by Stix » 27 Nov 2019, 5:56 pm

Lucky bugger...!!!

Im sure there are many who'd love an opportunity for doing that...including myself...!!...good luck to you...!! :drinks:

And yes...same down here regarding pest classification & destroy what you can any way you can...im only too happy to whack them with a light if i get the chance...!

Wish i could get my hands on those skins...!!... :(
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 27 Nov 2019, 7:11 pm

Pigs foxes and cats, I always Hunt them at night. Recently I have started chasing deer and dingoes also in the dark. Daytime I sleep. For me the hunt starts once the sun has dipped below the horizon. That’s when I come alive
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bill » 27 Nov 2019, 10:00 pm

look to be in good nick, I bet they are tasty :thumbsup:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 28 Nov 2019, 10:48 am

l have culled deer under light a few times
its not as easy as it looks, l haven't really had them blinded by the light as l heard it would be like
looks like you have plenty for the freezer :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Am88 » 09 Jan 2020, 12:39 pm

Was fortunate enough to head out again last night, was a bit hard on a school night I tell ya, we took out a couple of mad keen pig hunters who have been getting the taste for deer lately, didn't get any photo's but we did get one smaller deer approx the same size as the last 3 in the photo above, and unfortunately we lost a nice stag in the thick lantana and rubber vine after one of the other gentleman hit him a bit to the left of the neck we think, very unfortunate but is what it is, hopefully he survives with a flesh wound. There was no blood trail found so could have just clipped him.
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey