The pork pages

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: The pork pages

Post by Blr243 » 03 Jan 2020, 10:05 pm

Wyn traynor , this thing about gun haters recognizeing us , I have not thought it through at all what could they do ?
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 04 Jan 2020, 11:19 am

Blr243 wrote:Wyn traynor , this thing about gun haters recognizeing us , I have not thought it through at all what could they do ?

Depending on the kind of person they were, they might be able to discriminate against you in a variety of ways; socially or professionally for instance. I have not exactly, "put my mind to it", but that is what springs to mind at the moment.
Yes, I am paranoid. My wife's family are all gun-haters and I have to mind my Ps and Qs around them. I don't speak about shooting, for instance. That is, I don't give them an opportunity to pay out on me, if it can be helped. I don't speak to strangers about it either, until I know and trust them. I will leave you with those thoughts for now, mate. Good Hunting :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 04 Jan 2020, 12:50 pm

I understand what you mean. I don’t usually bring up the subject either mostly ..... modern civilisation is continually evolving in the direction of city dwelling to the point where more and more people are are very out of touch with the traditional hunter gatherer / fisher way of life ... I was once asked by some work customers ( both about 50 ) what I was up to on my holidays. I said hunting pigs with my dogs. They did not at all give me a hard time. They were just curious and had never heard of the practice and had no idea that people actually do it. I think it’s been done for hundreds if not thousands of years ... without my connection to and participation in a real primitive way of life I would have nothing
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Ferrisweil » 04 Jan 2020, 3:12 pm

Pretty much everyone I know, knows that I shoot/hunt. Not everyone is probably fine with it, but hey, if they’ve got a problem with my lifestyle then we don’t really hang out together. It’s like vegetarians; I just shake my head, but I don’t actively go looking to befriend them or go out of my way give them grief.
In-laws I could see being a problem lol
Ferrisweil
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Jan 2020, 4:28 pm

Yep, in the past i have made it a rule to not advertise that i shoot/hunt. Im sure in the past its been held against me at work. Normally just mention fishing.

Having said that, now semi retired so talk about it more often. If they dont like it, stiff chedder.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey