Rifle + Dirt Bike ??

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Rifle + Dirt Bike ??

Post by sammyc » 07 Jan 2020, 1:52 pm

Having a 2wd Van isnt very practical for hunting haha. Wanting to head to the Vic high country.

Thinking of using my dirt bike to get further then were the van can take me. Not sure how legal this would be with a rifle semi conceled on a back pack on public land up a 4wd track????

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Sammy
sammyc
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Rifle + Dirt Bike ??

Post by JimTom » 07 Jan 2020, 2:24 pm

JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 07 Jan 2020, 2:52 pm

Many years ago I was on a Honda chasing a boar through the melon hole country at moonie .. got right up behind him and stuck my left boot between his back legs and tried to lift him up and flip him but he was to heavy after a number of tries somehow I ended up hitting something and the bike stopped suddenly and I flew over the handlebars and as I did so the rifle I had slung across my back flew forward and the scope smacked into the back of my head I knew then I should stop this silly game and just end it so I chambered a found and shot the boar. Young bloke behaviour
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 07 Jan 2020, 3:57 pm

Blr243 wrote:Many years ago I was on a Honda chasing a boar through the melon hole country at moonie .. got right up behind him and stuck my left boot between his back legs and tried to lift him up and flip him but he was to heavy after a number of tries somehow I ended up hitting something and the bike stopped suddenly and I flew over the handlebars and as I did so the rifle I had slung across my back flew forward and the scope smacked into the back of my head I knew then I should stop this silly game and just end it so I chambered a found and shot the boar. Young bloke behaviour

maybe ya shoulda tried jousting and used a boar spear while on your bike :D

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 07 Jan 2020, 4:15 pm

An old bloke at moonie told me he used to do it with shotguns of a two wheel bike and then they started doing it with spears later too but that’s a bit too hard core for me
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey