Totally awesome news

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Totally awesome news

Post by JimTom » 19 Jan 2020, 6:35 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Sounds like u need some help. Hint.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Always worth a try mate.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 19 Jan 2020, 6:56 pm

I was just randomly thinking if I have an appropriate fast daytime scope for the blr and I remembered I do have an old tasco propoint or aim point whatever from 30 plus years ago and it still works. I remember taking it on a donkey shoot in the Kimberly’s and stupid me did not bring spare batteries for it and I I forgot and left it turned on and off course batts went flat and only had one rifle/scope. Does everyone one here understand how hard it is to try to purchase a pair of LR44 button type batteries on a 300 thousand acre cattle station in the middle of the Kimberly’s in 1989 ? I think it was one of the first type of red dot scopes ....... My 4wd is a Ute and my dog sits in the passenger side ( hint ) sorry lads
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Ricochet » 19 Jan 2020, 8:04 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Wow,,,, Mate you know where I hang out,,,,,,, we've had 75 mm in two days.
The most we've had in that amount of time for 6 years.

And as for a 2 for 1 shot,,,, I know the .375 can do it.
On my previous property I had my own purpose built rifle range.
The backdrop consisted of a limestone wall 2 1/2 feet in thickness with an 10 foot thick mound of earth pushed up by a dozer behind the wall

The .375 punched all the way through the limestone and left an exit hole big enough for my fist,,, and then continued on and embedded
itself deep into the mound somewhere.

:thumbsup:

I wished you rain
You got it
Your welcome :D

I'm happy you got it, wishing some would fall here now.
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 19 Jan 2020, 9:37 pm

Blr243 wrote:That real big mob was seen t other day close to my accom / house on water in the middle of the day so no need for the thermal so your right shayne I should rig the old browning for some fast daytime action and I do have a spare mag for it. Many months ago when I was first being given a tour of the place I was told about a hundred strong mob in the same spot. But never run into anything like that. I’ll b keeping my fingers crossed

With the rain, it is on the cards that the pigs will scatter throughout, in smaller mobs or individuals.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 19 Jan 2020, 10:27 pm

Only got 16 mm on the farm and it’s been dry since then. I’m hoping for no more over the next ten days. The countdown is on. Tomorrow I drive to Gympie for work. Then tomorrow night I drive to northern nsw to visit dads farm , fix his blocked sewer, get covered in shut ( gotta love a rapidly spinning sewer coil covered in shut ) then tues night I drive out towards the hunting block , spend the night on the side of road with trucks smashing past me all night. Fuel up. Buy my tucker at the supermarket, arrive , check rifle zeros then I go to work
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey