Few more Chital for the freezer

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Few more Chital for the freezer

Post by Am88 » 20 Jan 2020, 8:30 am

Headed out again Saturday night ended up with 4 for the total between 4 boys so we all got one each which is very good. Very interesting to see the variations in them growing and the time of year, first one I got was one with my new little Sako A1 .222 I got for this purpose, base of the neck shot from about 50m, unfortunately I had a mishap with him, he done the old last second head turn and I hit him in the nose, luckily it went clean through and he was a tough bugger and only went about 30m and pulled up, it was over in a matter of 10 seconds or so from nose shot to neck shot. It happens.

The lantana in the area is really thickening up, we located plenty with eye shine but clean shots were not presenting themselves. So we pulled up to clean mine and give them a break for half an hour, went for another go and popped out onto the mangrove flat and found the mob, the other 3 were down in a matter of 2 minutes.

Interesting to me is the variation in growth, mine in velvet, the other big stag with his rough large antlers, the middle smaller stag had not long knocked his antlers off as they were still weeping blood, and the smaller spika on the right.

Cheers
Attachments
Chital Stag 3.jpg
Chital Stag 3.jpg (252.93 KiB) Viewed 2272 times
Chital Stag 2.jpg
Chital Stag 2.jpg (300.57 KiB) Viewed 2272 times
Chital Stag 1.jpg
Chital Stag 1.jpg (279.63 KiB) Viewed 2272 times
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Few more Chital for the freezer

Post by marksman » 20 Jan 2020, 9:56 am

nice rack mate, well done :thumbsup:

you guys must be related you have black faces :lol: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Potatoes » 20 Jan 2020, 10:06 pm

marksman wrote:nice rack mate, well done :thumbsup:

you guys must be related you have black faces :lol: :drinks:

Dust off darryl sommers and get them on hey hey its saturday you reckon?

https://youtu.be/qEtjaZ8ZuNU
Potatoes
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Stix » 20 Jan 2020, 11:06 pm

Lol...
I remember that... :clap:

_______

Good stuff Am88... :clap:

Id still love one of them furs... :)
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 21 Jan 2020, 7:49 am

you wont see that again hey Stix
it was very funny :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 21 Jan 2020, 8:27 am

Am88 wrote:Headed out again Saturday night ended up with 4 for the total between 4 boys so we all got one each which is very good. Very interesting to see the variations in them growing and the time of year, first one I got was one with my new little Sako A1 .222 I got for this purpose, base of the neck shot from about 50m, unfortunately I had a mishap with him, he done the old last second head turn and I hit him in the nose, luckily it went clean through and he was a tough bugger and only went about 30m and pulled up, it was over in a matter of 10 seconds or so from nose shot to neck shot. It happens.

The lantana in the area is really thickening up, we located plenty with eye shine but clean shots were not presenting themselves. So we pulled up to clean mine and give them a break for half an hour, went for another go and popped out onto the mangrove flat and found the mob, the other 3 were down in a matter of 2 minutes.

Interesting to me is the variation in growth, mine in velvet, the other big stag with his rough large antlers, the middle smaller stag had not long knocked his antlers off as they were still weeping blood, and the smaller spika on the right.

Cheers

Envious Am88 i have crossed off the red deer with the 222 just need to find the chital to do the same looks like a good patch that your on.
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Am88 » 21 Jan 2020, 9:17 am

Am Indeed a very lucky man to be able to go get em like this, I don't take it for granted.
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 21 Jan 2020, 9:26 am

Am88 wrote:Am Indeed a very lucky man to be able to go get em like this, I don't take it for granted.

X 2 mate still looking for my own place mate they are hard to come across.
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey