dashers and deer

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: dashers and deer

Post by Blr243 » 28 Jan 2020, 8:23 pm

Stix. Regarding Clapton and jj cale and that song , if you have time check out the videos of crossroads guitar festival the states. When Clapton plays on that festival , jamming with bb king, buddy guy, jj cale John Mayer and others u can see Clapton not trying to play like the others but very obviously slipping into their style , and it shows him as a very versatile and talented guitar player
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by marksman » 29 Jan 2020, 9:51 pm

so l thought l'd show what happens to some of the meat off this deer :thumbsup:

of course l did not mince the back straps and a few other muscles but the family wanted some snags
all the bones are in a freezer ready to be taken back for the cockys dogs and the skin is in the freezer waiting for me to salt it out :drinks:
l have to say the sausages tasted great and l cooked them, the better half would have made them cooked all over :lol:
pity l dont have a beer anymore a melbourne bitter would have gone down well with it :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Am88 » 31 Jan 2020, 11:58 am

That looks bloody good MM, the main ways I do my chital are as follows :lol: burger patties with pork fat which are my wife’s favourite for burgers, Crumbed like crumbed steak of course, pot roasts and I make a mean bloody stew. But I haven’t quite gone into sausages yet, is that a flavour satchel or something you have there?
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 31 Jan 2020, 12:40 pm

Very very good...!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Only 2 snags marksman... :unknown:

I wont tell you how many id chomp down...!! :oops:

That no doubt explains why im putting on weight... :unknown:
:)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 31 Jan 2020, 1:48 pm

Am88 wrote:That looks bloody good MM, the main ways I do my chital are as follows :lol: burger patties with pork fat which are my wife’s favourite for burgers, Crumbed like crumbed steak of course, pot roasts and I make a mean bloody stew. But I haven’t quite gone into sausages yet, is that a flavour satchel or something you have there?

yes mate it is a sausage flavour satchel from an e-bay store, this is boerwors and does 15kg of meat, they have heaps of different flavour's
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/875gms-Chor ... 1438.l2649

the white stuff on top is lard or pork fat l bought from the supermarket and added, it has the consistency of margarine so l made layers of meat, the meal (flavour) and cubes of lard, l used 8 packets of lard for around 30 litres of meat, you try for around 12-15%, when l have finished doing the layers l mix it all by hand the mince again fine, the trick with sausages is coldness,
after l have minced the mixture for the second time the containers are put into the fridge overnight to keep cold and have the flavour go through the meat,
then the meat is put into a bigger container and 500ml of very cold water and with this flavour 500ml of very cold vinegar is added and mixed through
the meat is kept in the fridge and loaded into my sausage stuffer that feels as cold as a pewter mug full of cold melbourne bitter beer :drinks:
l use natural pig intestine skins but you can get collagen skins that are ok to use
its a fair bit of extra work to make the sausage's but they are a favorite, whats left over is a flavoured mince we make burgers from, just add onions :thumbsup: :drinks:

l am going to give the crumbed burgers a go :thumbsup:

the photo is a different load of sausage l made with collagen skins to give you an idea of what is used

Last edited by marksman on 31 Jan 2020, 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by marksman » 31 Jan 2020, 1:51 pm

Stix wrote:Very very good...!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Only 2 snags marksman... :unknown:

I wont tell you how many id chomp down...!! :oops:

That no doubt explains why im putting on weight... :unknown:
:)

l know what you are saying Stix, l'm trying to get the weight down a bit and lose the balcony :drinks:
there great for that no sugar and very good meat :thumbsup:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Am88 » 01 Feb 2020, 7:05 am

Sounds beaut MM. I notice when doing burger patties keeping everything cold is a win. And the lard idea is a nice tip. I have not found many in my city that will sell me pork fat because they use it themselves. So that stops me making patties quite a lot but going to try this now! Cheers
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey