Final night. I think it will be a quiet night

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Final night. I think it will be a quiet night

Post by Blr243 » 28 Jan 2020, 9:54 pm

Choppers were here today 1030 before I saw my first pig A boar out in the open. I had a cross wind so I circled round to improve my position and then got roughly 50 m before I laid down in the soil for the shot .,, hoping for more. There’s a few foxes cruising around but a long way off and not worth the stalking time in the open when their sight is so good and I’ll just get busted any way
Attachments
BADA8F34-2100-49EF-B0B2-7C4A12CFDAFB.jpeg
BADA8F34-2100-49EF-B0B2-7C4A12CFDAFB.jpeg (198.4 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Re: Final night. I think it will be a quiet night

Post by Ferrisweil » 28 Jan 2020, 9:59 pm

Get yourself a “Hyperpod 2” mate. Used to occasionally lie down as well but started using the pod and and it works brilliantly! Easy to carry around and makes free shooting a doddle. No more fecking prickles, ticks and clothes for the missus to wash haha
Ferrisweil
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 28 Jan 2020, 10:01 pm

Very fast reply Ferris , that boar is still warm and glowing like a beacon. I was wondering how you went with that new piece , did u actually buy it hey and what does it cost ?
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Ferrisweil » 28 Jan 2020, 10:11 pm

Lol. Kids in bed and missus chatting to rellies overseas and I’m planning next trip Bush....

Ive used the Hyperpod a few times now and it works really well!!! I love the way you can hook it into your hip and still walk with the rifle mounted that way. Makes free shooting a doddle and so much better than lying down in the dirt. Don’t get me wrong, shots with the bipod are accurate, but you lose the height on follow up shots. I actually enjoy free shooting but this Hyperpod is best of both worlds. Picked it up for about $200 I think but it’s carbon fiber and is a much cheaper option than a tripod/claw setup
Ferrisweil
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 28 Jan 2020, 10:25 pm

Very reasonable price if it really works in the field for you
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey