The night I shot the brute

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

The night I shot the brute

Post by Blr243 » 22 Feb 2020, 9:41 pm

I got 3 dozen pigs on the previous trip but this time I was doing it real tough and a couple of hours after the sun had set on the evening of my last hunting night I had only roughly 15 and I had not expected numbers to improve on my final night ... but I was thinking , please just let me shoot one real good boar. After bugger all happing in the cultivation I headed over to the neigours cattleyards in the hope that some pigs might be hanging around for scraps of hay the cattle were dragging out of the feeders, There was a stack of cattle there and a few pigs too but nothing special. I had a good wind directly in my face. It was approx 1130 pm some cattle were lying down and a few were standing , one weaner was off to my left in a small pen but I was mainly focusing on the pigs that were among the cattle in front of me and how I could get one without endangering the cattle. After a while I realised that the weaner on my left was actually a bloody good boar and I begun frantically thinking about how I could get in position for a shot , But it was not to be and he moved behind a tank and mobbed up with the cattle. I did not know if he was behind them or amongst them. I searched frantically with my binos while standing there not wanting to let this opportunity pass me by. I was rock solid still but my mind was stressed and incredibly anxious.. After a while a few pigs moved out of the cattle and into the open only 50 from me and the big boar was one of them. It was as if all my Christmas s had come at once. My binos were turned on and secured with a strap around my neck. All I had to do was drop them and lay down in the cow s**t with my bipod and rifle and take the shot , but not even after having previously shot prob over a thousand of pigs was I now calm enough to correctly function ..... instead I fumbled in the darkness with the buttons on my binoculars randomly pressing stuff in all sorts of stupid order and thinking stupidly weather I had the video on off, stopped or in photo mode..... but none of this mattered. Eventually I did drop down to the ground and do what I had come to the cattleyards to do. After taking lots of photos I floated back to the house full of euphoria and very content https://youtu.be/iRtpCgThEIQ
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Re: The night I shot the brute

Post by Wm.Traynor » 23 Feb 2020, 11:18 am

That thing looks as Big As.............one of the cattle :wtf: :shock:
Good shot too :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 23 Feb 2020, 11:54 am

Thing is a good description...it looked so round in every dimension like he had been inflated with air and was about to lift off and float across the paddock
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 23 Feb 2020, 1:33 pm

Excellent work
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by GQshayne » 23 Feb 2020, 7:31 pm

Did you get a photo of it???
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 23 Feb 2020, 7:38 pm

Yes I have posted it before
Attachments
9B135D44-7719-4B51-A713-1162F0F3B0A4.png
9B135D44-7719-4B51-A713-1162F0F3B0A4.png (39.88 KiB) Viewed 2373 times
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 23 Feb 2020, 7:40 pm

Somebody caught it castrated it and released it years ago Put on a ton of weight because of not shagging himself silly
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey