Anyone off work 30 Mar - 3 Apr?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Anyone off work 30 Mar - 3 Apr?

Post by GojiraSteve » 19 Mar 2020, 1:36 pm

Turns out I've got an unexpected week off work for the above period so I'm off for a hunt. Somewhere...
I pretty much hunt State Forests exclusively, but I got to thinking about hitting up that Inland Hunting Properties mob. Looking at the website all the spots seem to be about $70 per day per person, but minimum booking fee is generally $400-$500. Bit much for me by myself, but with two hunters on the ground it seems much more doable.
If anyone is free a fortnight from now, and keen to Corona-proof their meat supply flick me a PM and we can have a yarn about it. At this stage I'm leaning towards a couple of properties they have advertised a Bombala supposedly holding pigs, sambar, and bunnies, but happy to discuss other options with anyone keen to set something up.

Cheers
Steve
GojiraSteve
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Anyone off work 30 Mar - 3 Apr?

Post by Blr243 » 19 Mar 2020, 8:13 pm

A while ago I was looking to hunt with i h p. Perhaps six months ago I can’t remember and I can’t remember why I was looking to go somewhere different than my usual spot But when I made enquires most of their places were closed due to the drought. Hopefully for u that’s changed , or your in a greener zone .... I have just driven all day and am camped by a creek , getting smashed by mozzies. Hopefully within 5 mins I will get pro active and grab some rid from the front of my lux ... I have approximately 7 nights hunting ahead of me But then I’m probably all hunted out and have to head back to the stupid city and work again Good luck on your trip. Let us know how you went
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Anyone off work 30 Mar - 3 Apr?

Post by bigrich » 20 Mar 2020, 6:30 pm

i've been giving consideration to I H P myself in the not to distant future . i have a few freinds who've promised to get me on "a mate's property" , but sadly that hasn't eventuated . i was getting onto a good property in northern nsw reigon , but the fella who acted as a middle man , was taking advantage of my good nature for the privilage , so that is no more :cry: any feedback on IHP would be appreciated . i should stop buying guns and gear , be satisfied with what i've already got :roll: , and start saving for some trips :drinks:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey