Anyone do any good in the roar this year??

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Anyone do any good in the roar this year??

Post by brinny » 24 Apr 2020, 8:10 pm

Anyone get anything decent this year???....
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Anyone do any good in the roar this year??

Post by Stix » 24 Apr 2020, 8:38 pm

Brinny...the masks we wear to better our chances of avoiding this horrible virus arent meant to cover your eyes...

How the hell did you even shoot the deer with that thing on your face...?

:?

Ok...i havent got anywhere to hunt deer... :violin:

I have some places where i know deer are present that ive earmarked for some door knocking...but theyre down in the SE of SA & i was going to head down there over Easter...but this virus thats morphed from that ever popular brand of beer known as being from Mexico...Huh.. :huh: .NO...!! :x ...Not bloody VB..from...the Victoria Mehikoh..!!.. :roll: :twisted: . :lol: ....the Real Mexico that produces Corona... :lol:

Anyway back to the Deer...

That looks like a cracker Brinny...!!..Well done & looks like a good job on the caping out... :thumbsup:

Im envious :mrgreen: , but at the same time its great to see success like that... :clap:

Looks like you had a fair bit of weight to carry out with that trophy, so did you manage to get any of the meat out as well...?

And when can i build a fire for us to sit around so i can hear the story mate...id love to hear some of your yarns... :) :thumbsup:

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 24 Apr 2020, 8:40 pm

Where the hell did the picture go...?... :unknown:

Is there a vegan moderating here or what...?... :unknown:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by brinny » 24 Apr 2020, 10:06 pm

Stix wrote:Where the hell did the picture go...?... :unknown:

Is there a vegan moderating here or what...?... :unknown:

No ...No vegan moderator...or that im aware of anyway.....Given whats going on in the place at the moment, just thought i d take it down and see what others got first before i put it back up again....Not many able to get out this year due to the lockdown....
Reckon once all this crap is over ill be spending more time in the bush than at home...and there will be a lot of camp fires happening mate...Your welcome to sit around any of them....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 24 Apr 2020, 10:42 pm

brinny wrote:
No ...No vegan moderator...or that im aware of anyway.....Given whats going on in the place at the moment, just thought i d take it down and see what others got first before i put it back up again....Not many able to get out this year due to the lockdown....
Reckon once all this crap is over ill be spending more time in the bush than at home...and there will be a lot of camp fires happening mate...Your welcome to sit around any of them....

Youre a gentleman Brinny... :thumbsup: :drinks:

I hope i get to do that one chance day with you...& if i do, i promise ill keep my jealous stabs of thermal being cheating to only one comment... :lol: :)

Personally, id put the pic back up..but its your choice, & you have more experience at the moderator level than i do so ill respect your judgement... :thumbsup:

This forum used to have lots of hunting pics, & i dont think what you had there was anything near representative of you needing to be stoned to death like a witch... :)

And besides...not having that picture makes my already silly post about the mask look even sillier... :)
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by brinny » 25 Apr 2020, 1:29 pm

:

This forum used to have lots of hunting pics, & i dont think what you had there was anything near representative of you needing to be stoned to death like a witch... :)

Pictures make the post mate.....Whats a hunting forum without pics....I encourage it on my group on FB even if its the humble rabbit....We want to see it regardless......Not everyone gets a chance to get out and get amoung the bigger stuff....and are just as keen to show off their successes, and rightly so.....even if it is a rabbit....

And besides...not having that picture makes my already silly post about the mask look even sillier... :)[/quote]

Ha ha ha....might be payback for the comments on my thermal hunting posts... :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drinks:
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 25 Apr 2020, 2:26 pm

Hey brinny mate you do well with your pic's and posts , so much that I used to hate you to bits :lol: :lol: :lol: with you and a ute full of dead fox's and me with only a couple of dogs, i'm lucky i'm old and can't remember past 1 day I got over it before I realised what I was hating for :lol: :thumbsup: and now you've taken down a pic of a deer and I haven't seen it !!! I won't be able to sleep tonight mate :lol: :lol: on a serious note I enjoy your postings mate and you hit the nail on the head '' That's what a shooting forum is for among other things'' Cheers :drinks: :thumbsup:
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by brinny » 25 Apr 2020, 4:03 pm

Grandadbushy wrote:Hey brinny mate you do well with your pic's and posts , so much that I used to hate you to bits :lol: :lol: :lol: with you and a ute full of dead fox's and me with only a couple of dogs, i'm lucky i'm old and can't remember past 1 day I got over it before I realised what I was hating for :lol: :thumbsup: and now you've taken down a pic of a deer and I haven't seen it !!! I won't be able to sleep tonight mate :lol: :lol: on a serious note I enjoy your postings mate and you hit the nail on the head '' That's what a shooting forum is for among other things'' Cheers :drinks: :thumbsup:

Geez...I hope theres no hate there.. :lol: :lol: ...Im pretty keen when it comes to chasing the old red fella about...In fact hunting in general ....Have taken the odd bloke out with me at night on the foxes, and sometimes i just keep going and they are pushing Zds in the passenger seat... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...young blokes just cant keep up with us old fellas sometimes.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hasnt been any other pics of any stags posted up, so here is the one i was lucky enough to get this year....nice 13 pointer..32 inches long...

brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Apr 2020, 5:17 pm

Very nice :mrgreen:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 25 Apr 2020, 5:23 pm

Nah brinny all's good mate , :thumbsup: :drinks: by geez that's a big bugga :shock: I hadn't realised they grew so big i'm thinking deer ''small'' but compared his size to yours he's big , wish we had them up here where I am , further out they have a few but I think they're chital and some other breed but I haven't seen one that large although I've only seen them from a distance and close to dark when I was travelling to work. What do they eat like I've read that some say they're a bit tainty or strong in flavour ? anyway mate well done and yes those young blokes are soft at times but Ahhh well, they are still good company Cheers mate thanks for putting that pic up but Jesus i'm envious of you having them reds where you are. :thumbsup: :drinks:
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by brinny » 25 Apr 2020, 5:50 pm

Grandadbushy wrote:Nah brinny all's good mate , :thumbsup: :drinks: by geez that's a big bugga :shock: I hadn't realised they grew so big i'm thinking deer ''small'' but compared his size to yours he's big , wish we had them up here where I am , further out they have a few but I think they're chital and some other breed but I haven't seen one that large although I've only seen them from a distance and close to dark when I was travelling to work. What do they eat like I've read that some say they're a bit tainty or strong in flavour ? anyway mate well done and yes those young blokes are soft at times but Ahhh well, they are still good company Cheers mate thanks for putting that pic up but Jesus i'm envious of you having them reds where you are. :thumbsup: :drinks:

They grow a lot bigger than him mate....He is sort of middle of the road...but a really good local head for the area....He is 32 inches long....seen them over 40 and biggest amount of points iv seen is 21.....Now thats a head you can stand there and look at and nothing needs to be said....Jaws generally on the ground so cant talk anyway... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chital is on the bucket list...as well as fallow....Most places where the chital are is closed off and only accesible with a guide....I dont mind that as long as the deer i hunt are free range and not behind a fence....not interested in that at all....
A rutting stag stinks like an old billy goat....and the meats not to fancy either....but they are gamey at the best of times....
The cooks not fond of cooking up bambi so not much goes in our freezer....There is no shortage of takers down here for the meat when i get a nice one so no trouble to get rid of....
The roar is over for us here now for another year ...but i cant help looking forward to next year...as i saw some good up and coming stags this year that will look even better with another 12 months on them....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 25 Apr 2020, 7:14 pm

Yeah sounds interesting brinny and they may get bigger but that one does it for me :thumbsup: even though I cut my chin when my jaw hit the floor :lol: :lol: if they are not worse than goat to eat than they can't be too bad :thumbsup: ;) :drinks: good luck with further hunts mate cheers
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey