hunting pig in lock down with Stu

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

hunting pig in lock down with Stu

Post by marksman » 28 Apr 2020, 6:05 pm

“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: hunting pig in lock down with Stu

Post by Blr243 » 28 Apr 2020, 7:12 pm

I actually bought my first hunting kayak roughly 2 months ago as a result of watching stus vids , but due to the rain in the paddock s the ground was so boggy I could not get my Ute and kayak in the river at the best spots ....so looking fwd to it again in daytime during summer and anytime of year at night .....for decades I was of the opinion that pigs water in the late arv feed all night and then drink again at dawn prior to camp up .... but only recently have I realised that pigs are going to water anytime at night and often more than once ...I also think that if my dog is sitting in the back of the kayak it’s only a matter of time before uncle Adler and I end up in the river
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 28 Apr 2020, 7:33 pm

That's a pretty cruisey way to hunt :D

Thanks Marksman. I am now a subscriber :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 28 Apr 2020, 10:17 pm

marksman wrote:check out 3:02
how ya going mate :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZglZzMSimA&t=17s

I just spat my coffee across the table. Fuggen lolz.
Pig must have thought....I’m a log...im a log...I’m a log...I’m a fug this...I’m out.
Tassie needs wild pigs. Might start a vote.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by JimTom » 29 Apr 2020, 7:46 am

Stu is a pretty handy shot, can’t be easy shooting off the shoulder out of a moving kayak at a running target.
I have been watching him for a while now, no nonsense hunting. Not a bad watch.
Last edited by JimTom on 29 Apr 2020, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 29 Apr 2020, 10:12 am

TassieTiger wrote:
Pig must have thought....I’m a log...im a log...I’m a log...I’m a fug this...I’m out.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: l did the same :thumbsup:

and Blr this vid did make me think of you in your kayak :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 29 Apr 2020, 3:43 pm

I’m jumping out of my skin to get my first kayak pig. Water is the most beautiful thing and to be in it and hunting at the same time would be the best .... there’s lots of YouTube about bowhunting up north on the edge of swamps and occasionally you see people walking in mud up to their knees ... but when I hunted the cape on the west side of the cape I did not muck around I dove in deep. I loved getting in the swamps completely with my body and bow submerged and just my head above water to see and breathe I could sneak up so close then rise up to shoot and duck back down again to sneak up on another Good things about this was I got about a dozen pigs with this technique and it’s comfortable when the cape is so hot. Another positive is the memory of being surrounded by small freshwater crocs one time in a big billabong. But the bad thing is all the leaches, and how I made mistakes when I first hunted the east side of the cape .... I based my saltwater crocodile safety on the west side where I had a lot of experience but the east side is so different. I went stalking/ swimming in a couple of waterholes on the east side that I thought were ok and I did not realise at the time ..... maybe a year later I visited the east side again and this time I saw those same waterholes from a different perspective and I realise how incredibly lucky I was not to be taken ......a horrible violent way to go. I’m normally very responsible around crocs but I just stuffed up .......from now on it’s .... If in doubt stay out
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 29 Apr 2020, 5:05 pm

not trying to give you bad ideas Blr but you may get some good hints for kayak hunting from the old punt gun shooters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cO2D4rjQ1o
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 29 Apr 2020, 6:04 pm

Very entertaining vid. Never knew of their existence. Can’t see myself useing one left handed of the back of a moving quadbike
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by JoshR77 » 08 Feb 2021, 2:12 am

TassieTiger wrote:
marksman wrote:check out 3:02
how ya going mate :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZglZzMSimA&t=17s

Lol :D
If you can`t change the situation - change yor reaction.
JoshR77
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by wrenchman » 09 Feb 2021, 3:13 pm

i am been wathing him for a little while i do enjoy it
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey