Awesome video from NZ

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Awesome video from NZ

Post by bladeracer » 12 Oct 2020, 3:39 pm

Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Awesome video from NZ

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2020, 4:14 pm

Rippa! f*** hiking around in that with a carcass though haha
Member-Deleted

Post by marksman » 12 Oct 2020, 6:36 pm

it is an awesome vid of a real hunter and his best mate :thumbsup:
thanks for posting Blade :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 12 Oct 2020, 7:08 pm

I enjoyed that BR that's the rush i spoke of on the post of '' difference between amateur and pros'' :thumbsup: that young fella was well and truly over the moon 9 days to get a shot away :) , says it all there doesn't it, thanks for posting it :thumbsup:
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 12 Oct 2020, 7:12 pm

Frozen bootlaces :shock:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 12 Oct 2020, 7:13 pm

I have no interest in trophy hunting, but being alone, in the bush, on foot, with only what you can carry - that's my kind of hunting.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 12 Oct 2020, 7:26 pm

First time I went thar hunting I fell over dozens of times every day , everything is irregular Cold wet and slippery ..flat Dry and warm Are words absent from the new Zealand Dictionary
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2020, 7:46 pm

bladeracer wrote:I have no interest in trophy hunting, but being alone, in the bush, on foot, with only what you can carry - that's my kind of hunting.

If you like doing it on foot, maybe consider a monowalker? Save you knees and back from added stress from lugging a carcass around. I'm unsure what going down hill would be like, but uphill would be great.

I don't know how to attach images, just click this link. https://www.google.com/search?q=hunting ... 7&dpr=2.63
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 12 Oct 2020, 7:54 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:
bladeracer wrote:I have no interest in trophy hunting, but being alone, in the bush, on foot, with only what you can carry - that's my kind of hunting.

If you like doing it on foot, maybe consider a monowalker? Save you knees and back from added stress from lugging a carcass around. I'm unsure what going down hill would be like, but uphill would be great.

I don't know how to attach images, just click this link. https://www.google.com/search?q=hunting ... 7&dpr=2.63

The properties I've been investigating recently are way too steep for that :-)
It falls about 280m (920ft) over 400m distance. I'm thinking more along the lines of an aluminium "torpedo" I can fill with stuff, then I climb up the hill and drag it up via a rope. Very dense bush so it needs to be aerodynamic so as not to get caught up in the bushes and trees.

It took me 90-minutes to move about 500m distance down the hill, and two-and-a-half hours to climb back out. Looking at the map afterwards I estimated we actually covered 8km(!), zig-zagging back and forth across the hill. We were pushing hard too as we had to be back home for 1400hrs, nothing stealthy about it. Upset one Fallow who shouted at us before heading up the opposite hill with his tribe.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 12 Oct 2020, 7:57 pm

Blr243 wrote:First time I went thar hunting I fell over dozens of times every day , everything is irregular Cold wet and slippery ..flat Dry and warm Are words absent from the new Zealand Dictionary

Here it's wet and slippery, and windy, but not too crazy cold.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us76lXfJA1E
This is just after the hail stopped a couple weeks ago :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 12 Oct 2020, 8:12 pm

Great hunt. I've spent enough time sliding on my arse down glacers and scree in Chile. That's hard enough let alone trying to hunt.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 12 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm

A friend just paid $7k down for a NZ hunt.
I literally called him a bit of a wanker and then I saw this video...nope - I’m the wanker. Someone lend me $7k lol.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2020, 8:21 pm

bladeracer wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:

The properties I've been investigating recently are way too steep for that :-)
It falls about 280m (920ft) over 400m distance. I'm thinking more along the lines of an aluminium "torpedo" I can fill with stuff, then I climb up the hill and drag it up via a rope. Very dense bush so it needs to be aerodynamic so as not to get caught up in the bushes and trees.

It took me 90-minutes to move about 500m distance down the hill, and two-and-a-half hours to climb back out. Looking at the map afterwards I estimated we actually covered 8km(!), zig-zagging back and forth across the hill. We were pushing hard too as we had to be back home for 1400hrs, nothing stealthy about it. Upset one Fallow who shouted at us before heading up the opposite hill with his tribe.

:lol:
You should create a bullet style capsule with a ring fixed to the top.
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 12 Oct 2020, 8:28 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:
bladeracer wrote:The properties I've been investigating recently are way too steep for that :-)

That's the idea.
Another option is a $25,000 drone that can lift 10kg loads ;-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2020, 8:30 pm

bladeracer wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:
bladeracer wrote:The properties I've been investigating recently are way too steep for that :-)

That's the idea.
Another option is a $25,000 drone that can lift 10kg loads ;-)

Haha f*** that, I'd buy an eagle/hawk/falcon and just have it trained. Probably cost a tenth of the price
Member-Deleted

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey