Stars in the sky - Netflix

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Stars in the sky - Netflix

Post by TassieTiger » 11 Nov 2020, 11:17 am

Anyone watched stars in the sky hunting doco on Netflix?
I watched it before it came out but again watched it last night - it’s clear that’s intentions are to try and convey a message about hunting.
Whilst opinions will no doubt vary on whether this message was achieved or in fact warranted - I think everyone should at least watch this doco, spread the word re the doco and support it if they can - because it’s a rare thing (a positive hunting message) in today’s world.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Re: Stars in the sky - Netflix

Post by Am88 » 12 Nov 2020, 7:26 am

Yeah have watched it a few times now, enjoyed it. the meat eater series I definitely prefer from season 2 to season 5 or 6, however the short season 9 I quite enjoyed. His New Zealand hunt in season 2 with Remi Warren is a great watch.

I also fully agree with him at the point where he is speaking to the older gentleman/vegan, and he explains that he knows more about the deer, then he ever will. I understand that a lot as when people argue with me about habits of some game, I have facts as I have hunted and killed them, they have hear say when their brothers dogs sisters owner went on a deer hunt and they weren't successful for whatever reason.
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Stars in the sky - Netflix

Post by Redgie25 » 12 Nov 2020, 12:01 pm

I've watched it and loved it and have definitely recommended to non-hunters. The best part is Meateater are releasing their earlier seasons on Youtube to, currently up to mid season 2. Best hunting show I've watched for sure.
Redgie25
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey