BEANS MEANS HEINZ

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: BEANS MEANS HEINZ

Post by Blr243 » 23 Nov 2020, 5:46 pm

After more viewing thru the binos I reckon I was watching a rat climbing trees. For every rat I saw waiting on that water hole last night there was half doz mice. The rats were chilled but the mice were erratic and scared. It was a amuseing to watch the rats chase the little mice. I formed the opinion that they were going to be eaten rather than just thrashed. When the mice were running away u could c they were genuinely terrified ....Deisel lifted his nose many times last night as we waited on that hole and every time he did so I lifted my binos to check the area but no pigs came to our section of th creek. ...I retired at 4 am. My plan this evening was to visit that hole again late in the arv and just wait there half the night. Then come back to my hut, pack up and leave for the city. ...a small patch of rain blew thru here about an hour ago but was not enough to affect my plans tonight. I have waited all day today bored in 40 degrees to have one last crack tonight but now another storm front is closing in and it may not be the last .. the trees around my hut are thrashing About wildly ...power lines are swaying but their posts stand firm. I can see a big build up of farm dust, rain and leaves blowing about in every direction. My dog sits in the tent on his mattress In front of me not wanting any part of the adventure I’m hoping for tonight. He is such a pussy. I finished dinner and a light beer earlier , so I sit with boots and gaiters on ready to go. For many months without hunting I actually had a hard time remembering how to put my gaiters on. My mud splattered rifle and binoculars hang silent on hooks on the wall beside me ... I got real ordinary and slack with my Food shopping for this trip .. I miss cake, chocolate and ice cream. But they taste so much better when u hit the first town on the way home after not having any for a while
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 23 Nov 2020, 5:53 pm

I just remembered I need a border pass to re enter Qld. I can generate one on my iPad. But I’ll have no luck trying to get some local business trying to print me one at midnight so I guess I really should just crash here tonight and deal with it in the morning ... then I can hunt all night weather permitting
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 23 Nov 2020, 6:01 pm

Blr243 wrote:I just remembered I need a border pass to re enter Qld. I can generate one on my iPad. But I’ll have no luck trying to get some local business trying to print me one at midnight so I guess I really should just crash here tonight and deal with it in the morning ... then I can hunt all night weather permitting

Any number we should contact if you don't post by a certain time? Just incase the weather or pigs get the best of you.
Member-Deleted

Post by Blr243 » 23 Nov 2020, 10:20 pm

Very thoughtful bang whizz. But If I get bogged I can always walk home. And if the pigs get me I deserve It because I have been giving them a hard time for decades About 9/months ago , when I was getting into big mobs out in the cultivation where there are no trees to climb , I often thought if they all decide to turn on me at once I’m totally done. But Behaviour like that’s a thousand to one chance ,,,,,tonight I tried waiting on a water source , scanning the wheat stubble, setting up a speaker and calling half doz different sites with the wind right. But the weather was starting to look funny again And 3 k away I had no internet to check to bom radar. So now I sit checking stuff. Recharging batteries on everting, resting myself and the dog. Haveing a super cold bundy ( I love my fridge) I’ll have another crack at the pigs at 2 am
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 23 Nov 2020, 10:57 pm

Mate, you've made no mention of sign,,, is there anything actually using the water course/dams etc ??
ie: wallows, prints, snout marks, scat.

Also, no mention of the drone,,,,, Have you tried it ??
:unknown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 24 Nov 2020, 7:01 pm

A couple of times it was too rainy for the drone and a couple of times too windy. And the other times not confident and too scared too loose 4500 dollar machine ....the wheat stubble paddocks back onto the river. The river runs east west for 12 k. It’s full of water all the way so very hard to pinpoint watering points .....I saw no sign near the water I visited. I saw no sign of rooting anywhere. So that’s a very bad sign. I have real good thermal binos. I can see any pig on the wheat stubble but they were just simply not there. I searched those paddocks back and forth at all times of the night. Some other real tasty food is what they are piggin out on at the moment. Somewhere else. It has simply drawn them all away I have too do better research next time. I don’t want to be wasting my time again. Three times now In a row this has occurred. It’s enough to make me consider a different sport
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 24 Nov 2020, 7:19 pm

maybe after all the Heinz beans they can smell you coming :D
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Nov 2020, 8:01 pm

Blr243 wrote:A couple of times it was too rainy for the drone and a couple of times too windy. And the other times not confident and too scared too loose 4500 dollar machine ....the wheat stubble paddocks back onto the river. The river runs east west for 12 k. It’s full of water all the way so very hard to pinpoint watering points .....I saw no sign near the water I visited. I saw no sign of rooting anywhere. So that’s a very bad sign. I have real good thermal binos. I can see any pig on the wheat stubble but they were just simply not there. I searched those paddocks back and forth at all times of the night. Some other real tasty food is what they are piggin out on at the moment. Somewhere else. It has simply drawn them all away I have too do better research next time. I don’t want to be wasting my time again. Three times now In a row this has occurred. It’s enough to make me consider a different sport

Was this for a contract or just for fun?
Member-Deleted

Post by Die Judicii » 24 Nov 2020, 8:49 pm

Blr243 wrote: I have too do better research next time. I don’t want to be wasting my time again. Three times now In a row this has occurred. It’s enough to make me consider a different sport

I don't know why,,,,,,,, but it's not just where you've been Mate.
It's been the same for me for more than a few months now,,, and I get the same story from others I know that are scattered all the way north of me,,,,,,,

It's almost like as if the aliens have spirited the vast majority of the oinkers away somewhere. :unknown: :thumbsdown:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 24 Nov 2020, 9:16 pm

Ferris has recently done a trip to some farming country with wheat stubble about a week ago. I should get in touch to see how he went
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 24 Nov 2020, 11:32 pm

Blr243 wrote:Ferris has recently done a trip to some farming country with wheat stubble about a week ago. I should get in touch to see how he went

Jim Tom is up thataway,,,,,, and he recently did a trip up the peninsula/gulf area, and he also came back sorely disappointed.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 25 Nov 2020, 9:42 am

Heading to the heat in the north and not doin any good in the heat would be a bummer. Bang whizz.... no contract just fun, or rather trying to have fun
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 25 Nov 2020, 10:42 am

Blr243 wrote:Heading to the heat in the north and not doin any good in the heat would be a bummer. Bang whizz.... no contract just fun, or rather trying to have fun

Less pressure to deliver then. :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Previous

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey