Vic hunting from interstate

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Vic hunting from interstate

Post by Djdjox » 18 Jan 2021, 7:28 am

Im coming from SA and interested in knowing how you guys pick hunting locations within state forests. Ive only hunted private properties wihin SA so i know im alone.

Is it safe to use offroad tracks and park off track and stalk into the forest?
Is it safe to use state camping grounds and leave camping gear while out stalking.
Ill be in vic mansfield area in July and would mind spending a day or 2 out in the forest. Any help would be appreciated.

Im aware of all licencing required.
Djdjox
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Vic hunting from interstate

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Jan 2021, 9:16 am

There is a free app. Campermate. Check it out. Plenty of camps with drop toilets about.

But you can camp anywhere in SF.

In my experience fairly safe leaving camping gear in camp.

Some tracks are closed during winter. Some areas closed to hunting. Do your homework. Don't park on tracks. Ute or 4x4 will be OK most of the time. Don't leave obvious stuff in car indicating your hunting. There gave been reports of greenie vandalising hunters cars.

Take your rubbish home. Dont sh1t or piss near water courses and bury it. (A pet hate of mine)

P.S. Some areas are only open to hunting seasonally. Spotlights and NV are not permitted in most SF. So do your homework.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey