Anyone hunted out Isisford way?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Anyone hunted out Isisford way?

Post by Yeppoon » 03 Feb 2021, 9:03 pm

Me and a few mates are heading out Isisford for a bit of a hunting trip, we have kindly been given access to several large properties via a mutual friend of the property owners. So far we haven't been able to get much feedback on what we can expect to put the crosshairs on. Anyone been out that way that can tell me are we going to be chasing anything decent or are we potentially driving a long way for little return? Cheers.
Yeppoon
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Anyone hunted out Isisford way?

Post by Blr243 » 06 Feb 2021, 3:34 pm

I googled it and it looks more black than red soil. That’s super good news for you. I hunted blackall on a sheep station on black soil years ago but it was too clear, pulled and no where for the pigs to hide
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Anyone hunted out Isisford way?

Post by JohnV » 07 Feb 2021, 10:29 am

I did some feral distribution map research in my database and came up with a few Qld maps .
They seem to indicate that there is low numbers of pigs close around Isisford and higher numbers moving North along the River and South around Windorah area in the channel country . From Longreach to Coopers Creek along the river channel country would have plenty of pigs specially in dry times . If you are forced to go to Isisford you would see some pigs .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey