Which organisation?

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Which organisation?

Post by Farmerpete » 07 Feb 2021, 7:49 pm

So I'm more interested in hunting than target shooting and am currently looking at joining one of the shooting organisations, who would/have you joined and what are the pros and cons of that particular organisation?

T.i.a. Farmerpete
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Which organisation?

Post by on_one_wheel » 07 Feb 2021, 8:33 pm

The NSC have been kicking massive goals by actually doing something about the unfair and constant restrictions applied against us, they've got my membership.
The SSAA offer insurance on firearms and a 3rd party insurance policy which might be handy in the event of a accident but are fast asleep at the wheel when it comes to defending their members.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by rc42 » 07 Feb 2021, 8:49 pm

If you have access to private property for shooting in QLD (above 40 acres or it gets harder) then you can get an A/B license based on that and don't need to be a member of any organization for your 'genuine reason'.

Liability insurance is probably best through Shooters Union and you should join NSC to support the good work that they do. SSAA run ranges and are at the mercy of Weapons Licensing to maintain their range approvals so will never speak up or represent shooters no matter what changes get forced onto us. They do provide insurance but household policies already cover theft and SU is cheaper than SSAA for membership.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 07 Feb 2021, 9:33 pm

Thanks guys I've got my own farm so it's not for genuine reason. I probably should have clarified better
I'm more looking at joining up to gain access to land through things like the farmers assist or Warrego hunting etc. Just wanted to try different game and wanted to know which organisation offers the best program in your opinion and why.
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bilko » 14 Feb 2021, 6:39 am

Mate, Farmers Assist is the brain child of SSAA, Warrego hunting is, I believe, something HSSA (Hunters & Shooters Society of Australia) is getting up and running shortly. Western Hunting Properties state SSAA, SU or a hunting organisation membership is required. HSSA is a new kid on the block, currently a registered AHO in Qld and NSW and I believe Vic soon. They are also setting up a program similar to farmers assist.
Bilko
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 15 Feb 2021, 9:46 am

Thanks bilko you gave me more information in that one post than I could find in 3 hours of googling,
as much as it pains me it seems I may have to give my hard earned to the useless $$aa I'll probably talk to hssa to find out a bit more about their schemes and policies beforehand just to be sure
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 15 Feb 2021, 10:54 am

SSAA - Firing Ranges, Recognized by Licensing Branch., Public Liability Insurance, Firearms Insurance, coverage ,Monthly Magazine, SSAA Farmers Assist, etc...
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey