Beware of the GMA Survey

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Beware of the GMA Survey

Post by mchughcb » 16 Jun 2021, 8:59 pm

Today I got a call from the GMA. They were doing a survey and wanted to know if I'd been duck hunting in the last week. I said you'd know from details given you've called me on a mobile phone and know where I live that I'd be breaking the law if I'd engaged in duck hunting in the last week.

I then asked if I will be refunded my licence this year given I've missed 3 weeks of the season and the answer I got was a laugh.

I asked them where they were calling from.

:roll:
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Re: Beware of the GMA Survey

Post by Member-Deleted » 16 Jun 2021, 9:33 pm

mchughcb wrote:Today I got a call from the GMA. They were doing a survey and wanted to know if I'd been duck hunting in the last week. I said you'd know from details given you've called me on a mobile phone and know where I live that I'd be breaking the law if I'd engaged in duck hunting in the last week.

I then asked if I will be refunded my licence this year given I've missed 3 weeks of the season and the answer I got was a laugh.

I asked them where they were calling from.

:roll:

Maybe they are subscribers :lol:
Member-Deleted

Post by cz515 » 17 Jun 2021, 7:30 am

I thought you had left BWC.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Jun 2021, 10:29 am

cz515 wrote:I thought you had left BWC.

Like I said, I'll be here for a month or so to talk to any respondents.
Member-Deleted

Post by Die Judicii » 17 Jun 2021, 7:04 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:

Like I said, I'll be here for a month or so to talk to any respondents.

Had many yet ??????????

And, just as an aside, how do you fit Game Hunting and Large Prey into a Bugout cellar ??? :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 17 Jun 2021, 7:37 pm

You don't really hunt do you.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Jun 2021, 7:48 pm

mchughcb wrote:

You don't really hunt do you.

Why does that matter? There are many aspects of the shooting sports.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 17 Jun 2021, 9:33 pm

Apparently there is this group of ladies who thinks i8f you don't hunt with a night vision, post it on YouTube you are not eligible to be in their shooting club.

There are plenty of people who love firearms, even world class and well respected in the firearms community. But mchug doesn't consider them worthy :drinks:

To that, all I say is I don't want to be in your club anyway :welcome:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Jun 2021, 9:43 pm

Yes, he seems to use it like a weapon against some members.

But useing night vision gear ain't hunting. It's like nuclear weapons against a tribe with spears. Just not cricket old chap.

Shot himself in the foot IMO.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 18 Jun 2021, 11:37 am

It's plain and simple cheating.

I been on fishing trips and tbh it's more fun either the company or friends or just being close to nature and away from everything. Hunting trips are the same. Not there to kill as many as I can, or as quickly as I can to then put a video on YouTube.

He must be a wham bam thank you ma'am kinda guy :lol:
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Jun 2021, 2:56 pm

cz515 wrote:It's plain and simple cheating.

I think it has its place.e.g. removing ferals for farmers. But don't make out its the same as walking, stalking. That's my issue.
Same as using a rifle isn't in the same class as bow hunting.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 18 Jun 2021, 5:44 pm

I been on fishing trips and tbh it's more fun either the company or friends or just being close to nature and away from everything. Hunting trips are the same. Not there to kill as many as I can, or as quickly as I can to then put a video on YouTube.

He must be a wham bam thank you ma'am kinda guy :lol:

It's as simple as "Horses for courses" Bloke,,,,
Your obviously confused between,,, Having fun, Hunting for the pot, Traditional hunting, and last but not least getting the job done in culling and removing specified feral animals that cost us all many thousands of dollars each year in loss of production, crop damage, and disease

In the field of "getting the job done"; for someone to invest many thousands of dollars for that very end is definitely NOT just plain cheating.
Add in the simple fact that you can endure 8-10 hrs per night of freezing temps in winter,,, or steamy nights battling mosquitos in summer for sometimes many days, or weeks, before being able to claim success,,,,,,, and even sometimes never being able to gain success, is just plain hard work.
Would you do it ???????????

It ain't all beer and skittles and "being close to nature"

Which ever part you want to fit in is your choice,,,,, but don't try lumping ALL of the differing areas/skills together.

And please don't belittle the sometimes pics or vids that people put up at the end of a very trying and difficult time spent, in GETTING THE JOB DONE.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 18 Jun 2021, 8:41 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

I think it has its place.e.g. removing ferals for farmers. But don't make out its the same as walking, stalking. That's my issue.

And bowhunting has nothing on atlatl hunting....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by mchughcb » 18 Jun 2021, 9:58 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Yes, he seems to use it like a weapon against some members.

But useing night vision gear ain't hunting. It's like nuclear weapons against a tribe with spears. Just not cricket old chap.

Shot himself in the foot IMO.

Must be time for your bed again. Nurse.

https://youtu.be/tBeTA9CbJGM
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 18 Jun 2021, 10:01 pm

cz515 wrote:Apparently there is this group of ladies who thinks i8f you don't hunt with a night vision, post it on YouTube you are not eligible to be in their shooting club.

There are plenty of people who love firearms, even world class and well respected in the firearms community. But mchug doesn't consider them worthy :drinks:

To that, all I say is I don't want to be in your club anyway :welcome:

Mwaaaahhaaa.

You aren't really skilled at much are you. You can try and troll but man you are failing badly.

https://youtu.be/bplkHiCsaIo
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 18 Jun 2021, 10:10 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

No pine forests near this stag bwaaaahaaa - Nurse!

https://youtu.be/59NWr25b2qQ
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey