Washing your hunting clothes

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: Washing your hunting clothes

Post by bigpete » 01 Jul 2017, 12:59 am

Warrigul wrote:I didn't mean to sound short or anything, honestly if you are dead keen then there is no limit to what you could do. However how far do you want to go? Like fishing 10% of hunters shoot 90% of the game.

I used to be dead keen when younger now I enjoy the outing as much as the actual shooting. At 45 I am more inclined to let someone else have a go if they want to and I just guide.

If you are a bowhunter then no measure is too extreme but I still think that wind direction, movement and shape are the biggest factors and it doesn't matter if you are wearing sparkly pink dayglo workwear and loads of samsara perfume as long as you get the big three right.

Spot on.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Jul 2017, 8:51 am

Chronos wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Mine just go in the wash with everything else.

Grave digger dug this one up :lol:

Yeah mate, I agree. I really doubt an animal with a keen scent would be fooled by a drop of eucalyptus oil on a person. Blokes have been trying to trick tracking and scent detection dogs for decades without luck. Adding one more un natural scent to a body literally covered with scent wind do anything to mask the rest of the scent. Would be like sticking a post it note on a hippo and expecting it to hide in officeworks :lol:

Chronos

A lot of truth in that. Some animals seem to be able to separate the different smells. I just recon a bit of eucalyptus can't do any harm.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 01 Jul 2017, 6:39 pm

What about go and walk in some wombat poo. That stuff stinks like hi heaven. You will have a really unpleasant afternoon but you may get to shoot something.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Die Judicii » 01 Jul 2017, 9:05 pm

sungazer wrote:What about go and walk in some wombat poo. That stuff stinks like hi heaven. You will have a really unpleasant afternoon but you may get to shoot something.

Maybe a Wombat ??????
I hear they taste like a cross between Black Swan and Freckled Duck.

You go first and let us know about your experience. :clap:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Jul 2017, 8:46 am

sungazer wrote:What about go and walk in some wombat poo. That stuff stinks like hi heaven. You will have a really unpleasant afternoon but you may get to shoot something.

I do that.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey